Charging Problems

SebaManiac

Hello Bikers

I need your help, My AJS Eco start playing with me. When i turn key on everything work perfect every light come on etc, but when i press starter all lights go off till I release starter button also there is one loud click from solenoid. However its not the issue, when im driving at night and i got Headlight on and i press brake, headlight is dimming nearly to the minimum. When i kick engine everything works fine ok till i press starter button which cause engine stall and all electric goes off till i release it. It is possible that solenoid cause that electrical issues?

So far i checked:

Battery (its new and multimeter says 12.4v) when engine on its says 12.5v till i switch headlight on then it says 8v.

I checked ALL wiring and connectors and all of them seems to be like new.

Stator Ohms are 0.49

Regulator gives power around 16v at 5k rpm and 3.5amp (regulator ohms tested and are 0.9-1.1)

BTW i replaced all fuses to new one but nothing change

Thanks guys

When i had an earthing issue on my kit car, I just grabbed some big cable and linked it from the earth on the battery to any old bolt on the chasis. try that if you have some spare wire lying around.