Y-Anchor + Almax Immobiliser III

New bike soon ( once i've got my Mod 2 passed) which won't be small enough to fit in the garage so am goign to get another ground anchor and am going to treat myself and the new bike to a larger chain :P

I'm looking at the Y Anchor and Almax Immob. Series III (probably the 2m) + Squire SS65CS lock.

Simple question, will the Y anchor be big enough? or would i be better going for the Y-max?

Also, anyone with a gsf650 bandit or an SV650 (pointy) with the III or IV could you post about length of chain you have and where you secure it round/through your bike? thank

Pretty much the same set up as what I have got. Though my bikes are still in a garage. If its stored outside make sure the y anchor is put in a spot where it can't collect water.

If you are looking to buy one from http://www.yanchor.com dont bother, no matter how its dressed up, Its a bit of steel box section welded together. Not worth £55 to 70 without postage on top.

I bought one on ebay for £15 including postage which is bigger than the y-max and goes deeper underground, by far the best place to look.

as for the chain, my Yamaha MT-03 is about the same size as those bikes you mentioned and I find the 1.5 meter chain to be perfect, Not heavy, Still long enough to get around awkward spots and with the almax chains you can place the lock anywhere down the length of the chain, so you can shorten it with ease to keep it off the ground.

Where you put the chain is dependant on the bike. Ideally you want to put the chain through the frame but this isnt always possible.

thanks very much maccy, ordered the chain last night but held off on the anchor, maybe luckily so :P

I've had a quick look on ebay and can only find one other underground anchor. Is there any chance you could post a link to the one you bought?

This is the one I bought. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-GR ... 3a82115d44

I cant seem to find them anymore either. There was loads when I looked, Possibly a patent thing now?? There is a giant advert for the yanchor website.

If thats the case just buy some box section and ask around for a welder to make you one. Could even contact the seller for the one I have, he might still make them, just cant advertise them.