London Bike Show

nman1

Anyone going to the MCN (wash my keyboard out with soap) bike show at London Excel between 31st Jan and 3rd. Feb. Has anyone been before and if so, is it worth going. Would like to bike down so if anyone around the HUntingdon area give us a posting.

Yeah, I've been several times before and, IMHO it's a better show than the NEC. I've recently moved 'oop north' and, I'm still thinking about going there even tough I'm 260 miles away! I recently went to the

Manchester bike show and if I'm honest it was not really up to much and had me hankering for the London show. Far more exhibitors and a far better range of products, bikes and manufacturers.

If this is the Excel show then I went last year and it was terrible, hardly any manufacturers, disappointing number of stands, very expensive and less bikes than you would see in a bike meet carpark.

Prompted loads of complaints and a "sort of" apology from MCN

Was an expensive weekend out ....

I must admit I didn't go last year so I can't really comment except to say that on previous occasions it was a great show. Their website is http://www.londonmotorcycleshow.com and it shows all of the exhibitors for this year and from that list alone I'd say it looks like a good one? The only fly in the ointment is likely to be driving there and parking at exorbitant prices? Might well be better to catch the train/tube/docklands light railway depending on how much stuff you're gonna buy.

Having allwlays gone (and loved Ally pally) Excell (last year) was as toal let down and a big RIP OF.

Entry this year is £18 a head <<<< !!!!!! parking for cars is £9 -essentail if you intend buying summat that you need to carry home -- .. This will be first time that we have never gone to a show in january.....gutted gutted gutted --but cannot justify the charges and lack of stalls and bikes ...... tbh it was full of Indian Leather traders that work evry fecking high st, market . total waste :(

I'll be there with work on the Friday and Saturday, but I have to say it's rubbish. Rubbish location, nowt really to see and ridiculously overpriced. Ho hum...

it was better when it was at Ally Pally, at least that's a nice building although there were feck all parking...

excell was an (expensive) letdown last year compared to ally pally

of previous years but ime thinking of giving it one last chance

they recon they got more manufactures this time

I must admit I'm starting to change my mind now. Having read the entries posted that seem to be unanimous in their condemnation I may well give it a miss this year and see how the reviews go before considering going next year... maybe. I would be very disappointed to say the least if I travelled the 260 miles to get there to find it was all a load of market stalls full of rubbish. Mmmmm, decisions decisions.....