Bike has been almost fully submerged under water.

maccy

The bike still runs, Its an MZ ETZ 251. Went flying off of it in flood water.

So far all I have done is spray all the electrics and blasted an entire can of GT85 all over it.

As It still runs all seems fine but is there anything I should check as a precaution?

What about the bike that guy martin used for his riding on water challenge.....that went down under quite a few feet of water.....all they did was pull the spark plug and kick it over to get the water out of the barrel and then ran it again.... 8-)

One of the videos I watched prior to getting my bike included a guy dropping his GS while fording a river, two of them upend the thing to get the water out then keep trying to start it until it plays ball :lol:

Thinking that they carefully re-cut that bit to make it look easier :wink:

What about the bike that guy martin used for his riding on water challenge.....that went down under quite a few feet of water.....all they did was pull the spark plug and kick it over to get the water out of the barrel and then ran it again.... 8-)

Nup, they definitely changed the gearbox oil, Guy mentioned it, they did it after each run.

Ill be checking over that tomorrow, thanks for the advice.

Ill have to think twice next time, before I decide that me and my bike should go for an early morning swim.

I think most things have been covered. One thing about Guy Martin. His bike only had to run until the end of filming. I don't know where you dropped your bike. However if there is any chance there was salt water envolved, wash it immediately with then cleanest fresh water available. Salt water is a better conductor of electricity than fresh water. Lessens the chances of short circuits and earths. Another tip if salt water is envolved, disconnect the battery immediately. Connect up again once you have washed the bike with fresh water, dried it as much as possible and if possible sprayed a water dispercent spray around the important bits.

Open up all the electrical connectors and light fittings remove the bulbs and give all the connection a good spray. The light bulbs need to be free from grease or residue or you will be soon looking at a bunch of blown bulbs. As already said, the air filter might require a wash and reoil give all the control cables levers and links a relube.