Modifying bike boots

So the O/H apparently has giant leg muscles....picked up a pair of cheap boots for her off fleabay and they won't zip up.

Went to Aldi and started trying their offer ones on...got up to size 8 (shes a 4) and they still were too tight to do up!

Any suggestions on places to get the boots altered? Is this a bad idea? I don't want to spend a fortune on them but I want her in proper bike gear when shes riding pillion (or on her own bike if she gets her own way!)

omg , my R6 would be perfect for her, I can easily return it to standard to sell , but it would be so much better to see it go to a shortarse lady rider who would fully appreciate her :D.

shes getting a brand new mot this weekend,and then will be starting to look for new homes....so if she actually might be interested then let me know before I start sticking standard bits back on.

oh, and I might just be able to throw in a pair of size 4 sidi race boots for the right price ;P

failing all that, I have a pair of hardly worn oxs wide calf race boots, only thing wrong is the zipper tabs have broken off, still do up fine, and im sure they'd fit her....yours for £20 plus postage

As she's got proper leathers now get her ankle or slightly higher boots like mine. Got them at J&S at the bike show, remember? Manchester bike show coming up weekend of 22nd/23rd if you want to come up we could all go, unless you're collecting the Triumph from Tango that weekend.

omg , my R6 would be perfect for her,

lets worry about CBT,DAS and funds first :lol: she's a bit quick in the car and has a bad back so not sure an r6 is her best first bike choice (cue hour long strop from OH... :mrgreen: )

you can always buy made to measure boots

nice but not without a pay rise!

As she's got proper leathers now get her ankle or slightly higher boots like mine. Got them at J&S at the bike show, remember? Manchester bike show coming up weekend of 22nd/23rd if you want to come up we could all go, unless you're collecting the Triumph from Tango that weekend.

Yes I had spotted that and looked on J&S website at ankle boots too they're only £40 so might just pootle down, probably cheaper than a bike show with us 3 there...!