OMG I WAS TERRIBLE - PART DEUX

OK so I wasn't actually terrible at all today...I passed :D :D :D :D :D

I don't know what it was but I just picked it up straight away and I managed to do most things correctly. I loved being out on the road too it was a very freeing experience even though I got caught in the rain I still loved it.

The girl that was doing her 3rd attempt didn't get to go out on the road today...her goal is to pass by her 6th attempt??? WOW!!! She has her own bike and everything waiting for her that her hubby bought her for Valentines day. I really felt for her today because all she wanted to do was ride in first gear in a straight line. By the end of the yard lesson though she was doing really well and managing to get to second gear without panicking.

Anyway back to my goods and not so goods...All the stuff in the yard was fine and I managed it all...U turn etc with no probs. Out on the roads I didn't panic at all however i did give it too much oomph going round a few corners but a few warning words from my instructor put me straight. Roundabouts with lifesavers etc were no probs. I did go a bit fast at times going through some housing estates but again I reigned it in. My hill start was a bit pants on my first attempt...I managed to fall off again and even the instructor didn't even know how I managed it so that gave us a good giggle. After that though I was fine all the way back to base. So I got my lovely pinky purpley certificate. So now comes the fun part...BIKE SHOPPING!!!

Nice one! Your determination paid off!

You managed to get around the corners. So it wasn't too fast (for the road/weather conditions at that time anyway) :mrgreen:

(Most people panic and go a straight line when that happens, which is usually worse! So you're one step ahead on that!)

Nicely done! :D

You say in your opening sentence that you don't know what it was. It was your state of mind. On your first attempt, the lad with everything had you already doubting your ability before you started. Free of that on the second attempt you concentrated on your riding and found the confidence. It is always a case of whether you say you can or cannot, you are porbably right.

Good luck with the riding.