Advice on summer trousers

I have a pair of waterproof, thermal and armoured textile trousers, they have been great but I'm finding at the moment now it's warmed up I'm cooking in them and can't wait to get them off sometimes.

What summer trousers do people reccomend, don't have to be waterproof. Would still like armoured though.

:stupid: Agree with Keith. Kevlar jeans are pretty good. Cool enough and still look good :) Carry a pair of small waterproof trousers with you chuck em over the top if it pisses it down.

I'm finding at the moment now it's warmed up I'm cooking in them and can't wait to get them off sometimes.

You're riding too slowly, speed up and the temperature will drop

How about getting some of those legging things that keep you warm in winter and cool in summer.

I just take lining out of textiles. But in leathers always wore some legging under as couldn't stand sweaty legs on leather lol :shock:

I was thinking about some of the Kevlar jeans but didn't know what other options there were.

The lining isn't removable unfortunately.

And riding faster doesn't help when I'm off the bike wandering around lol.

I think jeans are the way forward with some armour in them. Thanks for input guys and girls

Recently started riding in Kevlar jeans, love them, they are so comfy, and probably more co fire than normal jeans! The only things I find annoying is there a bit skippy on the seat at times and the knee armour sometimes is out of place!

Hmm - birthday next week and suspect Kevlar jeans are concealed about the house somewhere - hope they're as good as you say. Just need some warmer weather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hood motorcycle jeans......had mine a few years now and they're still looking good...... 8-)

+1

Really comfortable and don't look to "biker" when wandering around

I just purchased a pair of Belstaff cordura jeans and they are brilliant. Light protection in hips and knees but I can add CE armour if I want to. Much more comfortable than my waterproof textiles in the warmer weather and they blend in well in the office!