I'm glad to say i passed my CBT today. I had never ever ridden a bike before and was a bag of nerves arriving at the training centre.

The instructor was absolutely fantastic. Made me feel settled and got me moving very comfortably.

I have read over this forum a number of times and found the people on here very helpful. I have also read about peoples bad experiences on their CBT's. Well i hope those people all stick at it and dont give up. And i have noticed alot of people saying the CBT is a "piece of cake and as long as you dont kill yourself then you will pass". I dont agree with that, even though there is no pass or fail, you just have to satisfy the instructor of your ability to control a motorcycle but today wasn't exactly a piece of cake for me, i didnt find it difficult at all, apart from getting flustered with the gears and clutch once or twice but it all went smooth. But i came away with a banging headache because of concentrating too much.

So that is the first time i have ever rode a bike. And im hooked. Seriously hooked.

I went there today thinking right, get this CBT out the way and get on the DAS course as soon as i can. But now im the proud owner of a shiney new CBT certificate it has changed my way of thinking. Even though i loved every minute i have decided to look out for a second hand 125cc and ride that around this summer, building my confidence and get myself on the DAS course later on in the year or even start of next year. Walk before you run type of thing.

It would make me feel so much better and confident i think.

I have passed the theory and got that out of the way, so that is one less thing to worry about. Now i just want to ride.

p.s can i change my name on here? i dont like Wannabe Biker at all. :) Especially now im at the bottom rung of the ladder so to speak!!

Well done! :cheers:

If you can go for a DAS I would do that ASAP. Reason being that once you are happy on the 125 you'll quickly want more (especially if you're old enough to go for DAS). And then it's already late summer and you might not get to ride a bigger bike much this year...

I'd really go for the big package straight away and aim for something like 600cc and ride that for the rest of the summer.

Others have done that, so there's no reason why you couldn't :mrgreen: It also saves you one round of finding, buying and insuring a bike.