Training / Test Fees

Just been looking online at some training schools.... They certainly know how to charge!!

Looks like its gonna cost well over a grand to get passed (and thats assuming I pass first time!) :shock:

Just been looking online at some training schools.... They certainly know how to charge!!

Looks like its gonna cost well over a grand to get passed (and thats assuming I pass first time!) :shock:

Wow.... Is that going from not knowing how to ride to passing? I think that's excessive... Do they just quote you for the whole lot? I think it would work out cheaper if you booked everything seperately!

When my local riding school showed "A2 - £450" I was astonished, but I can understand now.... Hiring the bike, two days training, two exams including all the fuel etc... But over £1k is ridiculous!

Yep, passed my test last year. I had to take the MOD1 three times but passed MOD2 first time and it cost me over £1300 from start to finish using a school. I had ridden a bike before but it was over 30 years ago. I wish I had taken my test back then for around £15. :roll:

Yes, very similar to Mailee66, I did my DAS course from never ridden to pass. £700 for the course, everything included, but had to take my mod 1 Three extra times and my mod 2 one extra time, totaling around £1400, (which doesn't include the petrol cost of getting there in my car and back each time!) :shock:

I do think it's all very overpriced but that Pass Certificate is Priceless.

I do think it's all very overpriced but that Pass Certificate is Priceless.

It's not just about passing the test though. It's also about teaching you the skills you are going to need to stay alive on the roads.

On that basis £1000 or even £1400 is pretty cheap in my view.

And don't forget, when one fails a test it indicates a lack of skill and a need for further training, it's not usually just because the examiner is having a bad day and wants to take it out on you. :lol:

I have to agree there, it is worth the money for the skills you acquire. God knows after failing on the swerve so many times I now think I could easily swerve in and out of a group of school kids on a crossing. :lol: But I should add that passing the test is really just the start of the learning curve as I have found there is no substitute for road experience. :wink: