Cagiva Elefant owners manual

Guest dilligat

Hello

I have a 1992 ex French military Cagiva Elefant E350 T4. It has both a kick start and starter motor.

The kick start has an automatic decompression system that works off the kick starter.

This means it's a pig to find TDC to kick the thing esp when the battery has died from repeated starts when greenlaning.

Does anyone have the manual or any idea how to kick it without wasting valuable energy randomly kicking at it in the vain hope i GET THE RIGHT STROKE?

Thanks in desperation!

J

if you look down at the right hand side of the cam cover is there a small clear window in the top and as you turn engine over a marker appears in the window,if not just watch as you kick the bike over slowly the decompression cable should only move at the cylinder head as the bike is coming up on compression stroke as all it does is open the exhaust valve slightly making it easier to kick engine over

as far as i know it will only move when engine is coming up on compression stroke but with that you should be able to just give it a good kick and it should fire up as t he lever helps it turn over just at the important second of the engine firing my old xt500 had manual decomp lever you had to get it on full compression pull the lever which let you take it slightly past tdc then good kick and get ur foot off the kick sstart before it kicked back and broke ur ankle if you got it wrong :mrgreen: