Qinqi RSR 125 HELP!

Azen

Hi everyone!

Well I have been trying to work on this bike to help it ride better and I have noticed that the brake tail light is on all the time? I was thinking it could be something to do with the electrics maybe water in the switch? The front wheel also doesn't turn as freely as it should be doing I have noticed and the front brake can be non-existent if left for a few hours until pumped (I also can fill the fluid up because the crew has been rounded) :( this needs a bore out but i don't fancy drilling it out then re tapping it. how easy is it to fit a new reservoir?

I had an issue with my brake light being on all the time last summer on a ride out. It was casually mentioned but i thought nothing of it assumed i was just resting my foot on it. Well i had adjusted my brake lever height and this was in turn pushing the switch that turns the light on.

I just adjusted the brake height. Try unplug your cable from your front or rear to see which one is is that is leaving it in then work from there maybe adjust the brake height etc.

Fitting a new resevoir i have never done but i can think it would be a right hassle as you will have to bleed the brakes and make sure there is no air inside But im not sure if it will be any easier than just getting to top off. Hopefully someone who has had experience in this will be able to help!

The brake light will be controlled by a switch for the front one and another for the back. Disconnect each switch in turn, if it goes off you found the dodgy switch.

Is the front not turning because the pads are pushing on the disc? If not the wheel bearings may be shot. If it's the bearings find the size and spec and then just order some off eBay.

Get the screw out of the M/C lid, replacing the whole thing because a screw is rounded is pretty ridiculous. I've had decent luck before now taking a flathead screwdriver placing it in on the screw and giving it a couple of sharp hammer blows, then just twisting the screw out like normal. The screws are often made of cheese so the couple of blows normally bites the driver in enough to turn it out.

Thanks guys! been a massive help! i didn't even think about using a flathead to get the screw out! :stupid:

I wouldn't know where to start though with the switches for the brake lights, I think it could be the brake pads pushing on the disk (Kinda hoping) I also wouldn't know how to fix the bearings :(

thank you this forum has been a life saver! I'm gonna have to go to the Rally and thank you guys!

The brake micro switches are easy to locate. The front one will be under the lever, if you look around the lever and M/C area you will find a couple of wires connected to it somewhere..... there's your switch. The rear look around the pedal area for something that looks similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZZR- ... 3cc3ba96d7

Fantastic! thank you :) :cheers:

Quick update, it looks like it is the pads pressing against the disk on the front wheel that is causing it to not move as freely, how do I fix this other than kicking the brakes when i am at lights or in traffic?

If they are pushing enough to cause proper resistance then you probably have a piston that's not going back in properly. Along with your other front brake issues you sound like you need a proper overhaul, get that rounded screw out of the M/C, get the calliper off, find a youtube video on overhauling a brake calliper, do what the video shows then reassemble everything, fresh fluid, bleed it properly.

I really need it sorting, I'll have a look at it tomorrow and get it all stripped and done I was hoping to be on a bigger bike by now, but the longer I'm on the 125 the more I am learning, so it's not all bad! :D