Barry Sheene Road Race Festival - 20th/21st June

thebendyfox

Who's up for a little TT-by-the-seaside? The annual Barry Sheene road race festival at Oliver's Mount, Scarborough. :D :D

Classic bikes and sidecars on the UK mainlands only true road race circuit, great fun for all the family.

With the what flag!!!!

Are you camping it Fox?

We are going up each day. We have a caravan on the east coast so it's easy life.

Hoping for sunbathing weather on the banking.

Kids don't know that we don't have paddock passes this time as their idiot dad forgot to order ticket...lol

So I will be in the bad books...lol

That's going to cost me yet another t shirt. ..

Red rose and proud 8-)

Aye camping it up. I'm travelling on Friday morning to get there early afternoon and then the wife and daughter are catching up in the car once they finish work/school. Daughters first time tenting as we'll, should be a good weekend - assuming the weather holds :shock:

It's normally a bit more low key is the barry sheene festival.

They had parade stands etc last year. Very good especially for the kids to see the older bikes.

First time eh?

Is she looking forward to it?

Which would you guys say is the better even to see, this or cock o the north? How do they differ?

Will be my first ever visit to a road race.

Do both :D

Barry Sheene races have additional "classics" classes and parades, cock o North is modern machines, including sidecars - no parades.

Any of the 4 major events at Oliver's is worth a visit, the main one being Gold Cup in September - and therefore the busiest.

Camping is easy, very friendly, great racing on a great track.

It's different.

Both events are competitive. But the cock o north has a lot more history etc.

Plus the barry sheene is more of the classic races.

In my opinion, anything at Olivers Mount is a good day out.

If it's your first time I'm sure you will enjoy it. Just take a coat...lol

Sounds good! Which of the big name riders will be racing? I heard Guy Martin mention in a press conference that he was pretty much finished for this year, I always thought the gold cup was one of his faves. Would love to see him there.

I'd probably just be there for a single day, not a fan of camping lol. Is there generally a better day of the two or are they similar?

Also what's parking like for car/bike? Not sure which I'd take.

Sorry for all the questions lol.

Parking. Either way very very easy. Its the football field.

If mr Martin is there you won't get near him as he now commands a separate paddock...lol, well he did at the spring cup.

Get some digs n go both days.

From the look of it, not many of the "big" names will be at the Sheene meeting, Martin, Dunlops and McGuinnesses tend to do the Gold Cup and /or Spring Cup. Happy and willing to be corrected though :lol:

If you are coming for the day you need to be getting there around half nine, and you'll probably find bike parking a lot easier than cars but as NeilM says - both are easy! :thumb:

Oh, and however you arrive - make sure that you are able to walk in the boots. If you want to see the mount side hairpin, start/finish line or Mere Hairpin, it's a fair old hill.

Will have a spare ticket for Saturday.

Came with one of the local papers. Bloke from caravan site cut it out for us.

Allows entry for one on the Saturday only.

Anyone wants it give me a shout.

Will pass it on in Scarborough Saturday morning ish.