Choosing a Path

Guest ah147

Hi all,

Little information on me, I was never really interested in bikes. In fact, they scared me a little. I rode a few around fields when I was little and have played on trials bikes off-road a little (but am still useless on them) in the past few years.

Then within the past year, got myself a new girlfriend, she rides as do most her friends and I've been on the back of their bikes a bit, but again not a lot.

For about the past year I've been obsessed with Bonnevilles and really fancy one, and decided it's time to start doing something about it.

So one question I've got is; is it normal for people to do their CBT with such little riding experience? I've only ever ridden bikes standing up rather than sat down (apart from pillion) and think I might find that a little hard to change.

The other one is two choices that nobody has given me a direct answer to, apart from girlfriend and her friends, but I think they just want me on a big bike to keep up with them a bit better!

1. CBT, ride a 125 for a year or so whilst saving up for a bonneville?

2. DAS, local place has a royal enfield bullet 500 cheap and ride that whilst saving up for a bonneville?

Cheers,

Ash

Welcome bud,

If I were you I would book a CBT.

While you are waiting for your CBT book yourself a theory test then once you have done those 2 do direct access.

How old are you?

The reason being is the law on different powered bikes. Saying that I doubt a Bonniville will be too powerful.

:stupid:

I did my CBT having never ridden a bike before, then rode for 6 months on a 125 then took my DAS, its changed a bit now as i was 22 when i did mine, but same principal applies.

I would do your CBT first see how you get on, then progress from there. :thumb:

if you're worried about having never ridden before. pop over to geton.co.uk who allow you to arrange a free taster session with a local school. This gives you a head start on CBT day! I went in cold and was fine (if a little wobbly!)

24 me.

A baby really.

24 so you are old enough to do a full bike test.

Im 28 and currently have just passed my theory and (COMPLETED) my CBT-You dont fail a CBT you just have to come back for more training if you are not upto the standards they require.

Please let us know how you get on.

The theory is mostly common sense but do download an app on your phone purely so you can use it when you have a couple of minutes spare.

Good luck bud