PROJECT Kawasaki ER5 500cc Arrived home safely

Good newS ernies running again new plugs drain petrol and oil but!!! The drain plug snapped !! I got it out easy enough but does anyone have a spare one http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/kawasaki%20er5%20a3%201999%20project/37E7C9C7-C517-473A-B42C-CA0DC74E5365_zpsk16zm1ih.jpg

Is it coolant or oil?

If oil is it part number 92066 on the attached parts scheme.

http://www.kawasakioriginalparts.com/ka ... 1999&ca=GB

This from Cradley Kawasaki HTH

i just found the part number same time 92066-1205 plug main gallry i feel like a right tit there was only oil in there but it is a the coolant bung

Snap!

Not too expensive either. Soon be back up and running.

Also to add is thank you for the link

No probs. used to use these when I had the Kwak. :thumb:

All paid for Due to book it in for MOT for next week ;) XD Happy days i can see two advisories or a fail

Front disc is slightly worn.... can't afford to replace right this min :(

Front tyre 1.3mm legal depth is 1mm

Everything else is done ooh top up coolant and refit the bung :)

Scary stuff will be MOT Test

Then Ernie will be up for sale :( :(

normally if its plug for main gallery then its for an oilway if you started the engine up with the plug out then oil would come out of the hole as the only time it would be passing through the area is when the pump is circulating while engine is running

Thinking about it, yes it did hurt, my GPX had a "bolt" in a similar place an it was for an oil pressure guage take of point but it was above sump level.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, i did go though the manual but i did not find thr right section. I need to top more oil in the bike, it has about 1.5 litres in it prob less with no plug, i only found a smaller bolt and i plugged it up with a rag. The bolt should be here today or tomorrow. Honestly now can't wait.

Another question the rear drum, i cleaned it sanded it down inside and cleaned the discs, when riding i can feel it just a little bit of

Movement in the brake pedal ?

There is plenty of meat in the shoes. I have it adjust enough for the wheel to spin freely but stop with out binding will this be enough to pass the mot, or should nipp it up couple more turns?

Bike needs little pre checks but its rebooked for this week, i am picking the landrover up Monday for the old man had to use a forgenor to collect witch is being a pain the back side, but the old man is happy its coming home i will share some photos of it tonight :)