This bike security any good?

i use an oxford chain and loop the chain through a ground anchor, both rear pillon foot rest and the rear wheel.

it wont stop them but it will take them more than a few seconds to undo it. as i use 2 padlocks . 1 to secure the chain, 1 to pinch it os if they cut it from the ground anchor the rear wheel is still chained solid.

i use an oxford chain and loop the chain through a ground anchor, both rear pillon foot rest and the rear wheel.

it wont stop them but it will take them more than a few seconds to undo it. as i use 2 padlocks . 1 to secure the chain, 1 to pinch it os if they cut it from the ground anchor the rear wheel is still chained solid.

I tried to find a solution like that to mine but because the chain is so thick (and only 1.5m) I can't :(

Judging by the amount of video's on Youtube showing how to pick locks including disk locks and padlocks of various types, it seems to me that the only way to guarantee not to have your bike stolen is not to buy one in the first place.

Because no matter how good and theft proof the lock and chain are supposed to be, someone will find a way of removing it. Sure the average bike thief will think twice when confronted with a bike that is locked via a ground anchor and multiple chains and padlocks, but it won't phase a professional who is stealing to order.

And you would be suprised at how blind peope can become when confronted by a gang trying to steal something.

I work in the lifting industry and work with chains alot. I use a length of 16mm GD100 lifting chain for securing my bike at home and that stuff is hard enough to cut with a cutting disc, let alone cutters! Visit your nearest rigging company and you'll get beefy chain dirt cheap!

Hi rice pudding lol,

Where would i find some of these chains and roughly costs?

Just go to some lifting/rigging company, probably not much than a tenner for a metre, maybe even free if they have some scrap bits lying around

Judging by the amount of video's on Youtube showing how to pick locks including disk locks and padlocks of various types, it seems to me that the only way to guarantee not to have your bike stolen is not to buy one in the first place.

Because no matter how good and theft proof the lock and chain are supposed to be, someone will find a way of removing it. Sure the average bike thief will think twice when confronted with a bike that is locked via a ground anchor and multiple chains and padlocks, but it won't phase a professional who is stealing to order.

And you would be suprised at how blind peope can become when confronted by a gang trying to steal something.

You have to be clever to do that though so you will deter over 95% of thieves.

I saw a vid on the Book of Face the other day of three guys stealing a KTM in the middle of London. In the day. And maybe 7 or 8 people just walked by - clocked they were stealing a bike and did nothing. Makes me angry. And obviously the guy who was just filming it all. ugh. Despair for humanity

I saw a vid on the Book of Face the other day of three guys stealing a KTM in the middle of London. In the day. And maybe 7 or 8 people just walked by - clocked they were stealing a bike and did nothing. Makes me angry. And obviously the guy who was just filming it all. ugh. Despair for humanity

I watched that video too. One guy walking past doesn't even pretend he's not noticed them attacking the lock with a bar!

Shocked me how small/young they looked too.

Yeah but nowadays everyone just wants to keep to themselves and not get involved. I get you don't want to get injured but not doing anything just confirms to these guys they can get away with it.

See I think those people just want to get out asap, I reckon if you started shouting at them they'd run off. They bet on people not doing anything.