Fellow Bikers.............IOM 2011

Guest Drewster

Some guys at work (yes police with bikes) are organising a semi official/unoffical trip to the Ise of Man TT races in 2011

I have put man name down already.

Apparently you have to plan quite far in advance to secure bookings etc hence 2011.

The plan so far I believe is to go across in June 2011 for the centenary Mountain Section races (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT-I'M NOT A BIKING GEEK) (Someone feel free to add any apt links :) ). We are taking a minibus with drivers as a support vehicle to hold luggage, tools etc. and I believe there will be a choice of accomodation as some will camp and some will use a hotel/BB.

Now my Q is???? Is anyone interested in coming along.

At the moment its all early stages and I don't know if there will be any non police bikers invited. But if some are interested I will send a email to see if its possible. Bare in mind the minibus etc. will be leaving from South Yorkshire area.

From what I can gather its a great ocassion and piss up so I put my name down :)

Anyways let me know peeps....

I appreciate its 3 years away but apparently you have to book 2 years in advance to get on anywhere and they reckon with it being a 100 years since the mountain section started (or something) it will be even more busy.

You can share my tent and hairdryer if you want Claire

can't even say what's doing tomorrow let alone that far off---but as its centenary and you want to go it is a good plan to get sorted early to avoid disappointment---sounds as though getting pissed is going to be high on agenda---possibly only thing on it :lol: :lol: :lol:

"(yes police with bikes)"

Whats the deal with that ?

Always wanted to ask. There was one ex-traffic cop at my local a few years ago, but he was pretty much a no go.

Everyone was too sh1t scared to talk about "naughty riding" near him. Which basically left us talking about fuk all, until one of our more vocal members told him not to come back.

Which was harsh.

Do you's....... ye know........ do naughty stuff ?

"(yes police with bikes)"

Whats the deal with that ?

Always wanted to ask. There was one ex-traffic cop at my local a few years ago, but he was pretty much a no go.

Everyone was too poo scared to talk about "naughty riding" near him. Which basically left us talking about fuk all, until one of our more vocal members told him not to come back.

Which was harsh.

Do you's....... ye know........ do naughty stuff ?

I have a R6 and there is a rumour going around on another thread that my bike has an illegal race can and did 152mph last year.

I can neither deny or confirm those allegations and or the location on the grounds they may discriminate me

;)