Potential issue with car???

Adam

Firstly it's a 59 plate Astra SRI 1.8l petrol 42k miles regularly serviced.

Took it for a service today and they commented that the coolant was oily, he did say however that there was no sign of any coolant in the oil. He said if it was one of his cars he'd put a couple of dishwasher tablets in the coolant then change it and keep an eye on it, does that make any sense to anyone? Should I do it?

It could be something from a past head gasket issue or the beginning of one but he couldn't say which.. Wasn't really expecting to have any issues with the car considering its low mileage and service history :(

Bought it in November and had just been serviced and had a full health check, I've done 10,000miles since.

Any recommendations/advice?

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention he said the cars running fine.

Hope you find the culprit mate and it isn't h/g failure.

'57 plate Vectra 1.9 cdti @ 60k. H/G failure and totally fooked engine.

Said I'd never own a Vauxhall again.

Then bought a Corsa VXR clubsport brand new.

Followed by a new Insignia VX line. The Insignia has been nothing but a pain in the ass and has broke down 3 times in a year. And it's still not right. I can't wait to get shot of it.

This time when I say I'll never touch Vauxhall again, I bloody mean it ;)

Sounds like the head gasket could have a slight leak, or it could be coming from the water pump, but if it was really bad it'd be leaking the other way, so I'd just keep an eye on things.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Could be the egr cooler, some issues in the VAG range with them on both diesel and petrol models. Not many places the coolant and oil could leak into each other

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk