Emergency stop

baggy

Do checks on approach to the lights, don't wait for them to change to amber before doing your checks - a green light with pedestrians stood waiting is highly likley to change to amber.

The car didn't panic brake or emergency stop, it stopped perfectly safely.

However, If I was the car driver id probably already have been on the brakes anticipating the change and letting the biker (who's far too close) behind know that I was about to stop. If the biker still hit me, then it's tough titty, a set of bent forks and an insurance claim for a new rear bumper landing on the bikers doormat the next day.

Absolutely correct.

But I don't believe the chap in the BMW was prepared to come to a stop else he wouldn't be over the line. So in the above video, if I were the driver in exactly the same position I'd have gone through. Officer asks why I didn't stop = I didn't feel it was safe for me to do so.

But yes, agree checks SHOULD be done before that point.

Unless he deliberately extended his breaking distance to avoid the biker getting splatted across his back windscreen ;)

In which case it wasn't safe to stop!! Lol

Very well analysed every one , and well stopped Hog rider... now if you was on a bike that could accelerate faster than my nans mobility scooter , you could of whacked the throttle open over took the BMW and got through the crossing before any pedestrians feet had left the kerb :thumb:

I was taught on my car lessons if the vehicle behind wouldn't stop in time then go through an amber. If the car cleared the white line then theu didn't have enough distance themselves to stop. If the bike had to emergency brake then the car should have seen how close the bike was and decided to go through amber.

I've made mistakes myself on vehicles stopping. Pulled a nice endo once and kept the engine running on my 125cc. But ended up half a foot from the car.

Suffice to say the old boy jacked on the anchors for no reason in an acceleration zone on the road (coming out a hairpin corner) and I hadn't been taught how to emergency stop on a geared bike at that point.

Think it's fair to say we get 1 chance if we are lucky and that was mine!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Very well analysed every one , and well stopped Hog rider... now if you was on a bike that could accelerate faster than my nans mobility scooter , you could of whacked the throttle open over took the BMW, on the back wheel, and got through the crossing before any pedestrians feet had left the kerb :thumb:

Fixed.