CBT Test with a EU license

Guest blancpain

Hey guys,

Have a quick question about taking the CBT with an EU license. The entitlement I have on my European document is for a car only (cat. B), but I would like to start riding bikes and take the necessary steps to eventually add cat. A as well.

After some research it seems my option is to register my EU license and add a provisional entitlement for motorcycles by filling in and sending a D9 form. Then I would take the CBT and go from there.

Is this information correct or would it be possible to simply take the CBT without registering/adding provisional entitlement? My concern is that I have only been living here since last month and not sure whether that might raise some concerns and get my form rejected. On the other hand, that seems to be relevant only when trying to exchange a license and not with regards to registering. Still, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh we've had something like this asked before and it all got very confusing....

IIRC you can do the CBT with an EU licence (but please please call the centre you are looking at doing it with and ask them before you book!!)

But to do a theory or DAS/ restricted courses you have to swap your licence for a UK one or register your EU one with the DVLA which isn't easy (because they suck) and then it all gets a bit murky yuckyuck

Sorry that's not much help!