Bike keeps cutting out

keck12321

So I got a piaggio fly 125cc 2005 reg.

Right the other day I was driving along and the bike started jerking like I had run out of petrol but I was on over half a tank.

So tried restarting the biks but nothing only gave up once the battery died. Took bike apart cleaned the petrol tank tap, carb and spark plug and it worked bike starts but after 5 mins of driving the same thing happens.

Last thing I did that ain't put back was trimmed the petrol line down dunno if this would restocked petrol getting to the carb. Found a blown fuse to my immobilizer but can't see it being that as the bike does start ones I clean everything again.

Lastly the red flashing lights that says piaggio code has stopped flashing but I'm getting spark.

Any ideas or people have a similar problem let me know get its a simple fix just something I'm missing

Hi, could be a blocked vacuum pipe from the carb to the tank or the petcock could be faulty, turn fuel tap to off, take fuel line and vacuum line off the carb, have a container to catch petrol already in the fuel line, once any fuel has stop running from the tanks fuel line turn on the petrol at the cock and suck on the vacuum pipe ,if petrol flows again the vacuum pipe and petcock are ok, this will check that you are getting fuel to the carbs :wink:

Hi, could be a blocked vacuum pipe from the carb to the tank or the petcock could be faulty, turn fuel tap to off, take fuel line and vacuum line off the carb, have a container to catch petrol already in the fuel line, once any fuel has stop running from the tanks fuel line turn on the petrol at the cock and suck on the vacuum pipe ,if petrol flows again the vacuum pipe and petcock are ok, this will check that you are getting fuel to the carbs :wink:

if its vacuum fuel tap it might not have an off position just on reserve and prime if so could always try it on prime and see what happens as that could rule out or confirm vacuum issue