clutch plates

fastbob

And there you go , the Gixer forum or rather someone on it says smallest outwards but based on the TL pics its the opposite way round.

I would rather trust a manual than just someone! but on the other hand the manual is from the TL although it looks as though its the same design I can't see why it would be different on the bikes :?

:stupid:

Looking at manual pic makes it bit clearer and would say design acts like a small spring in which case that way round makes perfect sense, the other way would only make sense if it was for centering in which case whatever sits on it next would have a similar taper to it.

I'm pretty sure the design is the same as the TL1000s this is what the TL manual shows if it helps at all

clutch.png

If only my manual were as clear !

WP_20180501_21_43_52_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.a4d82b92a5df9c702b55d54b629f1c16.jpg

I'm pretty sure the design is the same as the TL1000s this is what the TL manual shows if it helps at all

clutch.png

is that a factory manual? or haynes

:oops: If I go with the TL drawing then I take back my earlier comment that the garage got it wrong .

clutch.png

is that a factory manual? or haynes

Factory.

clutch.png

So what's on page 3-52 ? Just out of interest .

clutch.png

So what's on page 3-52 ? Just out of interest .

I would love to tell you but I don't have page numbers!

Just to confuse even more, the GSF1250 wave washer is the other way round :roll:

GSF1250clutch.thumb.JPG.44c65188d496fd5925269598faef1b41.JPG

Just to confuse even more, the GSF1250 wave washer is the other way round :roll:

Thanks for that !

:lol: have you tried phoning dealer and asking? They should have access to far more detailed diagrams.

Good idea , might try Robinsons .

Thanks for that !

Your welcome. :wink:

You would think that the washers are all installed the same way though. :roll:

Thanks for that !

Your welcome. :wink:

You would think that the washers are all installed the same way though. :roll:

On one Suzuki forum a mechanic stated that he had changed 100+ clutches on the same model bike and even the factory didn't know which way up this wretched thing is supposed to go ! I'm going to go with the 'Busa / TL method but I'm going to have a look at some Haynes manuals in the library at lunchtime. The problem with my bike is that it was only made for one year . The WR is a a different bike right down to the frame although from a distance they look the same . Therefore there is no non factory manual for it . I've only got a paper manual for the L M and N oil cooled models which apart from a water jacket are the same bike more or less. The wear marks I found suggest that the 'Busa / TL method is correct and that my conclusion that the garage made a mistake was in fact wrong .

Thanks for that ! Actually its the same way round but the " seat" sits on top of it .

Thanks for that ! Actually its the same way round but the " seat" sits on top of it .

My bad looked at the wrong wavy / bevelled washer.

take 2. it is the same as the TL :oops:

1221661777_gsx1250take2.thumb.JPG.300bce19fa012a11ae1b0ccd2f335771.JPG

I think a consensus is forming here .

OK , been down the library and looked a some Haynes manual ( 'Busa, TL, GSF 12&6, GSF1250 &650,GSX1400R GSXR 600 etc etc ) and they ALL agree its small diameter INWARDS . So that's what I'm going to do . 😃

wp_ss_20180502_0001.thumb.png.a9896e3f2b1f22d5849e32b373d9795e.png