Honda Hornet 600 2000-2002 A2 legal?

unnamed97

Hi, do you know if riding a cb600f hornet from 2000-2002 would be A2 legal after fitting in the washers to restrict the power to 35kw?

Because everywhere I look and read they say it has 70kw at the crank and it stays with "You cannot restrict it below half its original power." rule.

Thanks

If the Hornet is indeed rated at "70kW" - then no problem, as you are not trying to restrict more than 50% of the original power output....... as long as the power/weight ratio does not exceed 0.2 kW/kg.

But it's a moot point...... You don't have to have a restriction certificate (although some people reckon they can save roadside hassle with the cops) and has anyone ever had the inlet or exhaust tracts/throttle cable/ecu looked at by an insurance company before they have paid out? I genuinely don't know if this has ever happened. Be very sure, though - I am not advising you to flout the law as you could come very, very unstuck. Not good.

Insurance companies will use any reason to not pay out and will employ a professional engineer to scrutinise the bike to assess whether it is as stated in the insurance documents. It really isn’t worth lying about whether a restriction is fitted or not.