Snapped bike key

ginge511

Just went to the petrol station on my motorbike,got there,put they key in the tank to open the nozel but it wouldn't go in so i had to come all the way home,put some greace in the key part of the tank to try and free it up.

Tried again put the key in the tank to try and open it up so i could get some petrol in my bike,and it fooking snapped ffs.

I have no spare key for my bike but have the two half's left of the key,do you think some key smiths will be able to make me out a replacement key with the 2 half's?

Fooking hope so i don't wanna be forking out for a new ignition :(

phone your local locksmith sir.

Some petrol cap locks only take the key 1/2 the way in that your ignition will, so sometimes (iv done it) its not that it wont go in all the way, its gone in asmuchas possible so just turn away:)

did you get the half out of the lock??

Ooer!

They normally use the old one as a template, but if you're lucky you might find someone who will take the time to cut one from the pieces.

Good luck!

phone your local locksmith sir.

Some petrol cap locks only take the key 1/2 the way in that your ignition will, so sometimes (iv done it) its not that it wont go in all the way, its gone in asmuchas possible so just turn away:)

did you get the half out of the lock??

Yep got the other half out maqte.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah they can do it i had the same problem!!what they do is they get the two pieces and where they clamp the key you give them they just put them together BUT it was a bit tempramental at first but the more you use it the better it gets!!!mines perfect know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK WIT THE NEW KEY

I've had some reeet hassle getting some keyes cut for my new Kwakkersaki ...

Apparently none of the key-cutting wallahs round 'ere do bike keyes on account of there being too many blanks needed to cover all the makes/models ...

They keep saying go to a dealer ...

But I bet I'll have to pay through the nosie McNose :roll: