Nobody Expects!

XTreme

@XTreme those speeds are a fantasy, you’ve made them up :lol:

Won’t be needing a new job. Should be able to run most things remotely and assuming there’s still an airline still operating come back when necessary.

As you know, you'll become a third country national after 31st December. So unless you've already got residency and paying into the system (to get healthcare) by that time then it's going to be very difficult. Unless you're super rich!

Also, Granada has very few Brits compared to the likes of Malaga, Alicante, or Valencia provinces........English is not spoken here. So you'll need to get a degree of competency with the language very quickly.

And as I understand it, UK driving licences will not be valid!

I’ll be doing the 6 months in the uk until I know where I want to be so insurance will cover healthcare and circumnavigate most obstacles about residency. It will also give time for the bureaucratic dust to settle.

Clocked that English isn’t spoken but didn’t find it a problem, the bits and pieces that came up Google translate provided translations that everyone seemed to find pretty funny. Preferred that they don’t speak English cos they’re not sick of English people unlike the places you mentioned. Probably use an agent and interpreters for the serious stuff.

As it’s entirely possible for a British person to move to the majority of countries in the world (income allowing) because they want your money I suspect the same will occur after Brexit, they’ll still want expat money and tourism coming their way so I doubt they’ll make it too difficult, they may just find new ways to extract some more money.

The driving licence thing isn’t decided yet but the likely worse outcome is needing an IDP which is no biggy but that’s back to the tourism point.

@XTreme those speeds are a fantasy, you’ve made them up :lol:

Won’t be needing a new job. Should be able to run most things remotely and assuming there’s still an airline still operating come back when necessary.

As you know, you'll become a third country national after 31st December. So unless you've already got residency and paying into the system (to get healthcare) by that time then it's going to be very difficult. Unless you're super rich!

Also, Granada has very few Brits compared to the likes of Malaga, Alicante, or Valencia provinces........English is not spoken here. So you'll need to get a degree of competency with the language very quickly.

I’ll be doing the 6 months in the uk until I know where I want to be so insurance will cover healthcare and circumnavigate most obstacles about residency. It will also give time for the bureaucratic dust to settle.

Clocked that English isn’t spoken but didn’t find it a problem, the bits and pieces that came up Google translate provided translations that everyone seemed to find pretty funny. Preferred that they don’t speak English cos they’re not sick of English people unlike the places you mentioned. Probably use an agent and interpreters for the serious stuff.

As it’s entirely possible for a British person to move to the majority of countries in the world (income allowing) because they want your money I suspect the same will occur after Brexit, they’ll still want expat money and tourism coming their way so I doubt they’ll make it too difficult, they may just find new ways to extract some more money.

The driving licence thing isn’t decided yet but the likely worse outcome is needing an IDP which is no biggy but that’s back to the tourism point.

I would check out Almeria province......it's very nice there with a more temperate climate than Granada! Rents and property values are much lower too.

If we had our time again, that's where we'd go.

I would check out Almeria province......it's very nice there with a more temperate climate than Granada! Rents and property values are much lower too.

If we had our time again, that's where we'd go.

Thanks I’ll have a look :thumb: Hadn’t looked that far across cos of wanting to be nearish to the Sierra Nevada ski resort but recently was thinking I’m not that bothered about that.

Temperate has a lot going for it, the heat really is fecking hot.

It's really hot in Almeria as well Bender......but the Winters are much milder than where we are.

I came back from a wedding at the local party salon in the depths of winter, got a lift from the undertaker who also had the local tienda de muebles, big estate car that doubled as coffin transport, couldn't see a thing, frost inside and out, he could hardly stand never mind drive, me and another mate head out each side giving directions, he couldn't speak English and I kept getting left and right confused, what a great end to a night.

Don't drink and drive in Spain it's not clever, honest