Wemoto data breach

SometimesSansEngine

Got this email from Wemoto. Relevant if you've ever used them, luckily for me I use a custom email address for every company I deal with so they can have it. Not sure if they used java which is why they were vulnerable.

-

Dear Customer,

At Worlds End Motorcycles Ltd, we respect the privacy of your personal data, which is why we are writing to let you know about a data security incident that potentially involves some of your personal data. This does not include any card or payment information as we never store these details.

On Dec 10th, 2021, we were made aware of a potential breach of the data that we hold with our service provider. The data accessed may have included the following types of personal information:

- Email address, first and last name

We deeply regret that this incident occurred. We are fully investigating the issue with our Service Provider to ensure that no such breach can occur in the future.

We have implemented additional security measures designed to prevent future attacks and to protect your personal information and the privacy of our customers. You do not need to take any action following this email.

Sincerely
The Worlds End Group

Wemoto and WMD-Online are trading names of the Worlds End Group

8 hours ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

Got this email from Wemoto. Relevant if you've ever used them, luckily for me I use a custom email address for every company I deal with so they can have it. Not sure if they used java which is why they were vulnerable.

-

Dear Customer,

At Worlds End Motorcycles Ltd, we respect the privacy of your personal data, which is why we are writing to let you know about a data security incident that potentially involves some of your personal data. This does not include any card or payment information as we never store these details.

On Dec 10th, 2021, we were made aware of a potential breach of the data that we hold with our service provider. The data accessed may have included the following types of personal information:

- Email address, first and last name

We deeply regret that this incident occurred. We are fully investigating the issue with our Service Provider to ensure that no such breach can occur in the future.

We have implemented additional security measures designed to prevent future attacks and to protect your personal information and the privacy of our customers. You do not need to take any action following this email.

Sincerely
The Worlds End Group

Wemoto and WMD-Online are trading names of the Worlds End Group

Disappointing also use Wemoto but no such email sent to me