What caused James Toseland's shocking weekend?

Ade

<t>What caused James Toseland's shocker this weekend?</t>  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What caused James Toseland's shocker this weekend?

• Insufficient focus on the day job?
    • Career track knowledge on slower bikes caused setup problems?
    • Poor qualifying strategy?

What's your opinion about this weekend's much-hyped but eventual damp squib for the Brit Moto GP rookie?

Poll answers and discussion please......

It seems like JT is being used like a performing clown at times at the moment, every race weekend he seems to be stuck on a podium and is asked to play the piano. No doubt he's one hell of a piano player and he's multi talented, but I think they need to let him unwind. Toseland had the weight of the world on his shoulders this weekend. BBC, Eurosport, Radio and everyone has been saying that he will deliver.

Everyone will crumble if enough pressure is applied and I think JT just had a bad weekend, nothing to worry about I'm sure in Assen next week where the pressure is off, he'll be back to his best.

But Scott Redding... What a boy... get him a 2008 Aprilia :thumb: we have a champion on our hands

I'm going on chain-of-events theory ..

poo qualifying can blight anyone ...

In JT's case ...

poo qualifying session = tyring too hard too early = too much gas too early + cold tyres = off ...

Poor sod ... but perhaps he should have had the sense to rein in wee bit for the first few laps ....

None of the above...I jinxed on Wednesday when I met him....

Soooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeee JT

Bang goes my theory :!: :roll:

It's obvious then isn't it ....

He was still traumatised :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest nastro azzurro

A number of things ...... one been the fact i had a bet with Techno for a top 5 finish... He was doomed from then really.

As for pressure.... I dont think anyone expects more from him than the man himself....

He lost the plot with the occasion. Just tried too hard. sad for him but he'll be back... one thing he does well is learn from mistakes.

New tyre in qualifying needed a lap to scrub in he must have known it was a risk because he didn't have time to do it properly, cold tyre in the race needed a few bends to warm up let his balls rule his head.

Scott Redding is the new Brit 125 "sensation", seems to have more too him then Bradders. It will be interesting to see if Bradley will let Scott Redding's success psyche him out now.

Roger Burnett is playing a very canny game marketing JT, all his merchandise is a bit cheaper then everyone else, gave away a few flags and stuff.

Can't see JT ever been more then another Colin Edwards though, a few podiums and always trying too catch up the top four riders. Having said that I reckon he's a better Brit racer then that Lancastrian Gob Sheeite Foggy.

Can't see JT ever been more then another Colin Edwards though, a few podiums and always trying too catch up the top four riders. Having said that I reckon he's a better Brit racer then that Lancastrian Gob Sheeite Foggy.

oh definately Toseland is better than Foggy. Foggy may have won four titles which is an achievement no doubt, but I don't think anyone would disagree that the competition these days is a lot more fierce.

As you mentioned Toseland learns and improves. He's already impressed me with what he has achieved, It's an incredibly hard class. The 800cc era still needs a few more years so it gets back to 2006 so you can win on a satelitte bike.

At the moment unless your on a Factory Ducati, Factory Honda, or Factory Yamaha then your not going to win.

Scott Redding is the new Brit 125 "sensation", seems to have more too him then Bradders. It will be interesting to see if Bradley will let Scott Redding's success psyche him out now.

Yeah I think Scott has got the other two lads beat psychologically. They have had a season or in Brads case two seasons learning all the tracks and Scott turns up and blitz's the field and takes his first win in only 8 races. :shock:

I hope Bradley and Danny don't fold under the pressure but thrive on it as it would be good to have 3 Brits in MotoGP one day.

There must be some top teams with Scott high on their wanted list for 2009 already, I reckon Aspar will be trying to pull him in. Hopefully the Blu:sens boys will get a full spec Aprilia 2009 in '09

Just a few points on some of whats being said above, 1, i don't think JT is forced to do anything he doesn't want to do, i think he enjoys playing with Crash and has said it helps him relax, 2nd if you think Foggy only won 4 WSB titles then i think you had better Google him to see the list!! Don't think you can compare the 2 racers, Both are great racers, just one has retired ( if you saw his last race you will understand why ) and the other did great in WSB and just starting his GP term! Fans of them both!! And big fan of Rossi, not a fan of Stoner but think he's fantastic at what he does and would never boo the guy just becouse he beat the guy i cheer for!! Rant over, :lol:

Just a few points on some of whats being said above, 1, i don't think JT is forced to do anything he doesn't want to do, i think he enjoys playing with Crash and has said it helps him relax, 2nd if you think Foggy only won 4 WSB titles then i think you had better Google him to see the list!! Don't think you can compare the 2 racers, Both are great racers, just one has retired ( if you saw his last race you will understand why ) and the other did great in WSB and just starting his GP term! Fans of them both!! And big fan of Rossi, not a fan of Stoner but think he's fantastic at what he does and would never boo the guy just becouse he beat the guy i cheer for!! Rant over, :lol:

The two problems I have with Foggy are his lips. They keep moving.

But really I would have more respect for him if he had more respect for others. It would have helped if he had done something on the Honda too.

I am old enough to have to admit to being a fan of Haslam the elder and if he had had Foggies opportunities he would have been a greater rider. There was a lot of class around in the seventies who were not called Sheen.

For me the greatest rider of all was Yer maun but the greatest rider ever is Rossi.

Yep Foggy is a bit outspoken but when he was racing i never was watching him race not listening to him talk! same as Beckham i like to see him play football but i wouldn't go to see him talk!! yes all the Dunlop family seem to be good with bikes, watched William ( Robert's son ) race 2 a fine second place after the GP at donington on Sunday! :D

agreed in part, playing with Crash (his mates) helps him relax but there seems to be several occasions on the MotoGP weekends where Yamaha have stuck him on a piano and made him play to an audience of people who don't even know he can play which leads to the whole SPOTY thing when he was really nervous.

Again I was a fan of Foggy until he decided he couldn't keep it shut and slagged off todays riders. (McGuinness/Toseland) just not needed he lost my respect.

agreed in part, playing with Crash (his mates) helps him relax but there seems to be several occasions on the MotoGP weekends where Yamaha have stuck him on a piano and made him play to an audience of people who don't even know he can play which leads to the whole SPOTY thing when he was really nervous.

Again I was a fan of Foggy until he decided he couldn't keep it shut and slagged off todays riders. (McGuinness/Toseland) just not needed he lost my respect.

Just heard from the horses mouth, JT, still in leathers after Thursdays session. " i heard people say i was doing to much e.c.t. but if i was asked to do anything that i thought might affect my performance or didn't want to do i would say no, it helps me relax and i enjoy it" , not exact words but more or less as said!!!!

In actual fact ALL the riders have massive demands placed on them by sponsor commitments and various deals. Its part of the job.

If JT could find time to do something that helps him relax instead of pressing the flesh of some company bigwig he's never heard of, or sitting in his motor home going over what might be then good luck to him.

I don't think JT would do anything detrimental to his racing. He is a very focussed guy.

its time to stop listening to armchair pundits and think about it.

What's your opinion about this weekend's much-hyped but eventual damp squib for the Brit Moto GP rookie?

ermmmmm is it because he couldn't stay on his bike???

tbh don't know but it pee's me off how every time one of em does bad they all have a excuse ready, cant any of em fess up and say "i was having a crap day" or "oh know bloomin shocking riding weren't it"

they are all human and make mistakes why cant they be truthful just every now and then :?

is it sponsors or egos that cause this ???? :shock:

answers on a postcard to :-

only having a rant

no responce needed

l1 2tt

who cares

Thats not your real address you kidder :wink:

errrrr tis honest *looks towards ground and nervously kicks stone*

Oh all right, its a fair cop guvnor i made the address up just in case the "james toseland appreciation society" decide to pay me a visit and force me to watch his last race again

*shudder*

i just dont know if i could go through that again............. and his making my Oxtars uncool the cheeky begger!!! :shock:

tbh don't know but it pee's me off how every time one of em does bad they all have a excuse ready, cant any of em fess up and say "i was having a cr@p day" or "oh know bloomin shocking riding weren't it"

they are all human and make mistakes why cant they be truthful just every now and then :?

If you listen to JT, he says it was down to him, he had shit day on sat and just went for it Sunday and made a mistake!! Dont remember him making any outher excuse!!

only having a rant

no responce needed

l1 2tt

who cares

tbh don't know but it pee's me off how every time one of em does bad they all have a excuse ready, cant any of em fess up and say "i was having a cr@p day" or "oh know bloomin shocking riding weren't it"

If you listen to JT, he says it was down to him, he had poo day on sat and just went for it Sunday and made a mistake!! Dont remember him making any outher excuse!!

only having a rant

no response needed

l1 2tt

who cares

if i can draw your attention to the NO RESPONCE NEEDED, unfortunately to have voided your entry and therefore cannot win the "no real prize" prize

p.s. i didnt say jt did i, two different rants :wink: