Bike security advice at racing events

Guest pointbreak

Hi. I'm going to Mallory Park to watch British Superbikes this Sunday and am concerned about how best to secure my bike. I'm going with a mate who's taking his bike. My first thoughts are to chain the bikes together as this would make them more difficult to move. I know the security options are limited but

being new to riding this is another new experience and would appreciate your suggestions/experiences to minimize the risk of my pride and joy being taken.

Actually if there's going to any theft it will be the exotic bikes that are sought so I probably haven't got any worries but would still like to know how best to secure two bikes. Thanks.

Maybe see you there!

Chaining the 2 together is a good start .....

Use lamposts too if you can get near any when you get there ...

If you both have chains, use both....

You could also get disc locks if you felt the need - but get a reminder (the springy plastic cord that links up with your bars - to remind you the disc lock is there...)

:idea: :D :idea:

Agree with the Good Father there - if you both have a chain/lock, use them both through the front wheel of both bikes, or back to front wheels, not to each other. Keep them off the ground. Use a disc lock

It's a dangerous habitat for tea-leafs ....

Most self respecting bikies would probably take a degree of pleasure in hospitalising said scum .. were they to get caught "in the act" ....

But you've got to balance that against the known likelihood of owners being absent for a lengthy period ...........

Tricky one :?

Most self respecting bikies would probably take a degree of pleasure in hospitalising said scum .. were they to get caught "in the act" ....

This is true - I got bound over for 12 months and £460 fine after an "alledged" bike thief fell over repeatedly right next to my bike at Donnington one year :cry:

It was worth every ferkin penny :lol: :lol:

Good lad :!:

At events like that, we outnumber the beggers!

I think a mass-effort is the key ...

You can't identify 500 bike-boot bottoms can you :twisted: :idea: :lol: :lol:

Good lad :!:

At events like that, we outnumber the beggers!

I think a mass-effort is the key ...

You can't identify 500 bike-boot bottoms can you :twisted: :idea: :lol: :lol:

Just like the old days, you see a bloke come in to town with "SIDI" embedded in his forehead, you know to lock the garage![/b]