Euro Sport loses Moto GP

Chrissb6

Dorna Sports has announced that the 2008 MotoGP World Championship will be the last to be broadcast by Eurosport.

"After many years of successful collaboration, MotoGP rights-holders Dorna Sports would like to announce that coverage of the MotoGP World Championships will no longer be available on Eurosport from the 2009 season,

Me i'am gutted, l will cancel my cable tv next year. And all we have to forward to is Aunty beeb, No qualifying no 125's or 250's and no Mamola

Edited by Chrissb6

You'll still be able to watch 125's and 250's and qualifying etc, you'll just have to view it on your pc instead.

Is there somewhere you online you can watch the MotoGP in better quality than the appalling flash vids they have on the MotoGP website?

I've only got into watching it this season, but I was so pleased when I found out it was on EuroSport rather than one of the channels you have to pay extra for.

Guest nastro azzurro
I think whoever takes it on it should have been stipulated that they give the same level of coverage as eurosport!

Dont want to try to watch it on computer!

:stupid: 8)

I really don't know what your all pi$$ed off about, because from now on its all going to be free, to everybody.(Infact it already is!)

You will not need to view it on your pc, and yes all 125's, 250's and the Motogp's are already shown for free on the BBC

Here's the dates and times for this years schedule on the BBC Click Here :D

Can I just point out that this is a GOOD THING!!!

BBC show all the races and qualifying live and it's FREE* and HAS NO ADVERTS!!

Stuff Europoo say I...

*Obviously there is the license fee, but you have to pay that anyway regardless of whether you shell out for sky/virgin or owt...

For the people who like the BBC, then this is fine. But having a choice is nice, you wouldn't like it if there was just one newspaper, or just one drink, having a choice is good and there will always be people who like one over the other.

The BBC service is very good, picture quality is good, sound is good, no adverts, you can get everything if you have digital and use the BBCi thing, but I like Eurosport, it offers an indepth look into the life of the riders, teams, technology which BBC is sometimes lacking. The Eurosport guys are that passionate about it that they know everyone in the paddock. So they are often first with the rumours, Randy Mamola gives good insight into riding a MotoGP bike while asking the riders tough questions.

It will be a shame to see it go from Eurosport and I hope that the replacement service is up to it's standards.

Personally I've never like Eurosport. Admittedly I've only watched it at other people's houses a handful of times but I found the commentators really irritating and obtrusive and the ad breaks IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RACES really peed me off. BBC coverage is head and shoulders above this in my opinion. But I agree with the comment about lack of choice. This is Dorna all over. They dictate what happens regarding motoGP and as usual it's all about money...

I've always refused to pay for Sky, Virgin or whatever since I already pay a licence fee and don't watch enough telly to justify any further outlay...

We know what you think about sky etc clare and i agree the ads are annoying but you can flick between channels while there on but one point I will make which is purely my opinion but since sky started sports coverage across the board has had to improve.

One thing that pees me off a bit about sports is that the world is dominated by Football. don't get me wrong I like football, enjoy watching and have played. but a MotoGP/125/250 is about 45 mins in length, so why is it that you never watch a football game and then 15 mins in they go "ok we're now off for an ad break". but when something else is 45 mins long they feel the need to break it up? They could go for an ad break on the warm up lap and on the cooling down lap.

BBC offer coverage of all but only put the main one on TV. Hence the fact no one still knows Scott Redding, I was out for a drink last night with some friends and mentioned that I walked right past Scott at Donington and everyone there said "Who?"

In this age when we have over 600 channels surely someone in the industry should come up with a motorsports channel 18 - 24 hours of motorsports coverage. Even if there is a small subscription fee. a couple of quid a month. I mean all the football team have their own channels. MUTV, Liverpool TV, Arsenal TV, Celtic TV, Rangers TV

Sorry I'm ranting again, I'll go get a drink and calm down :oops:

BBC offer coverage of all but only put the main one on TV. Hence the fact no one still knows Scott Redding, I was out for a drink last night with some friends and mentioned that I walked right past Scott at Donington and everyone there said "Who?"

Your wrong though, they show all the races. All you need is a digital TV or freeview box and if you haven't got one already, you'll need one within the next year or so because analogue is going to be turned off.

One thing that pees me off a bit about sports is that the world is dominated by Football. don't get me wrong I like football, enjoy watching and have played. but a MotoGP/125/250 is about 45 mins in length, so why is it that you never watch a football game and then 15 mins in they go "ok we're now off for an ad break". but when something else is 45 mins long they feel the need to break it up? They could go for an ad break on the warm up lap and on the cooling down lap.

In this age when we have over 600 channels surely someone in the industry should come up with a motorsports channel 18 - 24 hours of motorsports coverage. Even if there is a small subscription fee. a couple of quid a month. I mean all the football team have their own channels. MUTV, Liverpool TV, bum TV, Celtic TV, Rangers TV

Sorry I'm ranting again, I'll go get a drink and calm down :oops:

did use to have a motorsports channel years ago but they close it :(

Your wrong though, they show all the races. All you need is a digital TV or freeview box and if you haven't got one already, you'll need one within the next year or so because analogue is going to be turned off.

If I want to watch the 125cc race or 250cc race or qualifying at all, I have to go on to BBCi by pressing the red button, it's not on BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 or any other.

I never said they didn't show all the races, just that if you want to watch 125 or 250 you have to go to a backdoor channel.

BTW Suzi Perry keeps mentioning that you can watch the races on BBC iplayer. I checked after Donington and there was nothing on there only Super league rugby for the same day.

125s and 250 races and qualifying are live on BBCi. You can even record it via channel 301 if you have a freeview recorder. Plus if you don't record it, you can watch it online via BBC website, it's usually uploaded the same day...

Evs, the 125's and 250's are always shown before the Motogp. :D

LOL :lol: Ok you win. :D

I do quite like the BBC coverage but I also like Eurosport just think it will be a sad day when instead of having a choice I will be forced to watch BBC.

My ideal situation, is actually BBC coverage but maybe if the BBC employed Toby Moody, Julian Ryder and Randy Mamola, they could keep Suzi and maybe Parish, but I'm sorry Charlie Cox doesn't do it for me. I don't even know if he knows how to ride a bike.

Evs, the 125's and 250's are always shown before the Motogp. :D

LOL :lol: Ok you win. :D

I do quite like the BBC coverage but I also like Eurosport just think it will be a sad day when instead of having a choice I will be forced to watch BBC.

My ideal situation, is actually BBC coverage but maybe if the BBC employed Toby Moody, Julian Ryder and Randy Mamola, they could keep Suzi and maybe Parish, but I'm sorry Charlie Cox doesn't do it for me. I don't even know if he knows how to ride a bike.

I believe Cox has a Harley, nuff said :wink:

For the people who like the BBC, then this is fine. But having a choice is nice, you wouldn't like it if there was just one newspaper, or just one drink, having a choice is good and there will always be people who like one over the other.

The BBC service is very good, picture quality is good, sound is good, no adverts, you can get everything if you have digital and use the BBCi thing, but I like Eurosport, it offers an indepth look into the life of the riders, teams, technology which BBC is sometimes lacking. The Eurosport guys are that passionate about it that they know everyone in the paddock. So they are often first with the rumours, Randy Mamola gives good insight into riding a MotoGP bike while asking the riders tough questions.

It will be a shame to see it go from Eurosport and I hope that the replacement service is up to it's standards.

:stupid:

I realy don't understand the reason behind not having it on both. Feckin eegits!!!! :evil:

you dont normally get a choice of which channel you watch other programs on. I like the comentry on eurosport better than the bbc though. I hope they will show the 125s and 250s on the proper program as i'll forget to watch if its only on BBCi.

On a similar note, i am lead to believe the f1 will be on the bbc next season too!

Ahh thanks for reminding me jimsoon, I thought about that the other day.

Your correct the BBC has won the right to show F1 again next year. There are several days in the season when F1 and MotoGP is on the same day. Guess which one will get bumped from the schedule and turned into a highlights package.