Was it a bad move signing with Ten Kate WSS

Evs7

well it seemed like a good move at the time for Johnny Rea, but it's starting to look a bit worse all the time.

I know he had the option in his contract to move up to WSB if he performed well. But I can't see Ten Kate bringing him up from WSS to WSB next season, More likely to bring Andrew Pitt up. So he'll probably be stuck in WSS for another year, which is a shame. Rea was going well on a superbike a year ago, maybe he could of performed on the world level and then made a quick jump in 2 or 3 seasons to MotoGP.

Now it looks like his career is halted a bit which is a shame cause he's a serious talent.

I completely agree with you that he's still learning the tracks, it's just he admitted that he's never been a good supersport rider, don't think he did that great in BSS. He was much better once they stuck him on a superbike.

Trouble is with this years results he won't get offered a superbike ride.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nastro azzurro
I think they shoud shuffle superglue and kiyonari down think pitt and rea would do better on the blade!

Also rea is still learning the tracks!

:laugh:

Funny.... like that.... But on topic. Sofuoglu? has no excuse really as he knows the tracks from been in WSS. Kiyo may come up with the goods next year... BUT Checa is on the same bike and IMO making them all look rather tame.

I agree Rea does not want to be left trapped in WSS.... But does need to learn the tracks. Hope to see him back on a Thou,but in WSB next year..

There is a wasted bike with Rolfo on it... but it's him that brought the Hanspree sponsorship hence him now been in like a ''satelite'' team this season.

Howcome it's always the slow riders that get these big companies to back them :?:

Didnt you know naz its to do with sponsorship. The slower they go the more chance there is of seeing the sponsorship signs on the bikes :laugh:

Guest nastro azzurro
Didnt you know naz its to do with sponsorship. The slower they go the more chance there is of seeing the sponsorship signs on the bikes :laugh:

never really thought of it that way...... :roll: