Royal Enfield BTR Women’s Flat-Track Racing Expands

Admin

The 2022 Royal Enfield “Build. Train. Race.” flat-track program grows with new riders and American Flat Track rounds.
The 2022 Royal Enfield “Build. Train. Race.” flat-track program grows with new riders and American Flat Track rounds. (Royal Enfield/)

As it enters its third year, Royal Enfield’s women-only “Build. Train. Race.” program has grown to include 15 riders and seven racetracks throughout the 2022 American Flat Track season.

Breeann Poland, marketing and communications lead for Royal Enfield Americas, launched the program in 2020. It’s the first all-woman initiative that teaches women to race and build their own bikes.

The bike used in the series is the Royal Enfield INT650. Each of the 15 participating women racers receives an INT650 and builds their respective machines under the guidance of crew chief Erik Moldenhauer. Royal Enfield says Moldenhauer will provide technical advice and support throughout the build and race portions of the program, with Moto Anatomy X Royal Enfield racer Johnny Lewis helping to provide on-track training.

“Following our success of the last two seasons with the Royal Enfield ‘Build. Train. Race.’ program, it only made sense to go even bigger for 2022,” Poland says in a press release. “We continue to be overwhelmed by the support and enthusiasm from fans, sponsors and the entire American Flat Track paddock, and we’re so excited to have an even larger presence this season.

“We have an incredible group of women and a full race schedule ahead—this is going to be a big year for Royal Enfield at American Flat Track.”

In 2022, the BTR expanded into roadracing, a program that also grew for 2022.

Back for a third year within the American Flat Track Championship, Royal Enfield’s BTR program will feature its largest field yet of new and returning riders.
Back for a third year within the American Flat Track Championship, Royal Enfield’s BTR program will feature its largest field yet of new and returning riders. (Royal Enfield/)

2022 Royal Enfield BTR Flat Track Rider Lineup

The BTR flat-track roster includes 15 riders for 2022, with seven returning riders and eight newbies. Jillian Deschenes, Jaycee Jones, Lana MacNaughton, Gabrielle Hughes, Nean Kiskela, Malary Lee, and Erin Ferris return, to be joined by eight new riders.

Bios for each of the following female racers are featured on the Royal Enfield BTR website.

2022 BTR Flat Track Racing Roster

• Jaycee Jones, 23, Fallbrook, California
  • Lana MacNaughton, 32, Nampa, Idaho
  • Gabrielle Hughes, 24, Akron, Ohio
  • Nean Kiskela, 41, Portland, Oregon
  • Jillian Deschenes, 33, Otsego, Minnesota
  • Malary Lee, 31, Buda, Texas
  • Erin Ferris, 31, Graham, Washington
  • Anna Serena, 36, Miami Beach, Florida
  • Stephanie Pietz, 35, Mesa, Arizona
  • Kaiela Hobart, 28, Bremerton, Washington
  • Zaria Martens, 18, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
  • Alex Bumpus Mcdonald, 33, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
  • Makenna Hiatt, 22, Camano Island, Washington
  • Moriah Hummer, 35, Fort Collins, Colorado
  • Mia Reese, 28, Woodstock, Illinois

“I learned so much through the program that I apply to my daily life on and off the track,” returning rider Jaycee Jones says. “I am beyond excited to be on the team again. It’s going to be a good year making new friendships and having more competition.”

“I can’t explain how stoked I am to be part of the Royal Enfield ‘Build. Train. Race.’ team this year,” newcomer Zaria Martens says. “The BTR program is such an amazing opportunity for women racers. I’m so glad that I am able to be on the team this season.”

The 2022 Royal Enfield INT650 is the base motorcycle for BTR Flat Track at American Flat Track.
The 2022 Royal Enfield INT650 is the base motorcycle for BTR Flat Track at American Flat Track. (Royal Enfield/)

2022 Royal Enfield BTR Flat Track Racing Schedule

For 2022, the BTR flat-track program adds three more rounds to the American Flat Track schedule:

2022 BTR Flat Track Schedule

• Round 1, March 11: Volusia Half-Mile I, Barberville, Florida
  • Round 2, April 23: I-70 Half-Mile, Odessa, Missouri
  • Round 3, June 1: Laconia Short Track, Loudon, New Hampshire
  • Round 4, July 16: Port Royal Half-Mile, Port Royal, Pennsylvania
  • Round 5, August 6: Black Hills Half-Mile, Rapid City, South Dakota
  • Round 6, September 24: Cedar Lake Short Track, New Richmond, Wisconsin
  • Round 7, October 15: Volusia Half-Mile III, Barberville, Florida

2022 Royal Enfield BTR Flat Track Sponsors

The following sponsors return for the 2022 season:

• S&S Cycle
  • Maxima Racing Oils
  • Boxo USA
  • Öhlins USA Suspension

Arai Helmet and AGV join as new sponsors for 2022.

“The support of these outstanding sponsors is key to the success of Royal Enfield BTR,” Poland says. “We couldn’t do it without them. Sending the Royal Enfield BTR women out onto the track with the confidence of premium parts, support and protection means the world to us. Our continued thanks to everyone backing our 2022 BTR Flat Track program.”

For additional information, visit Royal Enfield BTR’s flat-tracking racing website.

View the full article