Now then. Im itching to get out on some long rides but for the minute ive limited myself to 30 minute burns up the welsh roads. I need to get some gear.

I want a textile jacket, some black bike boots, black gloves. Ideally the textile jacket a green stripe but cant find any. What are gud makes, alot of boots on ebay are oxtar, gaerne, alpine stars. And what about jackets, ebay seems full of buy it now stuff from abroad. Are there any makes u cant go wrong with and whats a good price for some boots and a jacket.

yep , have to agree, you cant just buy stuff off ebay as you have no idea how it fits.

My dainese jeans are a weird size, not my normal size at all....go try on loads b4 you decide. :wink:

I discovered to my great joy that a reasonably priced textile jacket with a liberal to generous application of waterproofing spray works better than more expensive branded "Guaranteed waterproof" jackets.

Akito Python - for when it's hissing down 8)

Agree with Parapan - you can get perfectly functional and safe textiles if you are on a budget - I have a Spada jacket (~£85), Lewis trousers (~80) and gloves (~25) and Hein Gerricke waterproof leather boots (~120) - all bought at various places. This stuff has kept me warm and dry in pretty horrendous weather. To do over on my learning set of kit, the only change I'd make is a better pair of gloves.

Hein Gerricke stuff is top shelf - my wife has a full textile suit from them and it is very high quality, but a fair bit more pricey. I've kind of been looking at new jackets that has an inner cuff for gloves - I'll probably get one of the Rev'it all-season ones, which are rated all around.