Honda xlr125 '98 carb jetting advice needed

Mbissett82

Hi there folks first time posting on here. So just after some advice on jetting for my XLR 125. So some background I have a full license. Have a cbr f4 and a Yamaha majesty 250 as my daily. I work on my own bikes done some carb work (the 250 ped needed float height set and new float needle when first purchased) so I'm not bad at most repair stuff. Have done full strip and rebuild of an fzr600 before

Anyway the xlr. I purchased it from my mate. Was a bit tatty I only want to use it off road. As I'm coveres for road bikes. I've stripped it back to a more Mx bike no lights etc. Knobbly tyres. So it ran fine when I purchased (leaky carb but was crap in the float needle due to no fuel filter) started fine on half choke from cold and idled fine. If u gently built up the revs engine was happy. But if u just grabbed from idle to full throttle it didn't like it. Major bogging. To the point it just stall if u held throttle open. So after some inspection I noticed the carb wasn't original. It's an aftermarket pz27 Chinese thing. So I figured it was jetting issue. Carb was prob factory set for a pitbike or something. So since that point I have fitted a stainless delkevic link pipe and hawk stainless exhaust. Removed the airbox snorkel. Left stock panel filter in for now. I did some homework on the xlr jetting seemed to be a 35 and 95 main on the stock carb.

So today I changed the main jet to a 100 (figure exhaust and air box would want a slightly bigger jet) and fitted a 38 idle jet. At that point it wouldn't actually start. Thinking ok prob the idle jet. I put the original one out of the carb back in. (not sure on sizes of origin jets as they weren't marked.) So that got the bike back running again. So at this point it's running the original idle from the carb and a 100 main. The bogging has definitely improved. It's still not perfect bogs on occasion and during riding at lower rmp it seems to hesitate at full throttle until the revs pick up a bit. Slow speed stuff just riding about seems ok. 

Just after some advice if anyone is a jetting master. Should I go up or down on main. Try a different idle? I've tried tweaking the mixture screw which did improve it a bit but still doesn't seem spot on. 

Sorry for the essay cheers in advance for any help