de-ristricting a 2stroke 125 suzuki marauder

gary4286

hello

i have recently bought a 53plate suzuki gz marauder 125 for my missus but now she has got used to it she is getting bored of not being able to keep up and to be fair im getting hacked off with riding at 50mph :evil:

im looking to make it faster or safely de-ristrict it only problem i wouldnt know where to start.

dont get me wrong im mecanicly minded and you give me any problem with a car and im ok with it but bikes not to how with.

any one with some advise or know what to do proper let me know

cheers gaz

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate,

to be honest, I don't think it's possible... i've got a marauder for the next few weeks and it tops out at 65... that's what i've found anyway - becuase it's such a heavy bike for a 125!

if however i'm wrong, let me know and i'll eat my words! hope you find a way!

Richard.

Guest philgale
have you looked into gearing options ( sprockets etc ) may not be a vast extra gained but for ease and legality issues

you can get a bigger sprocket on the back and smaller on the front to increase acceleration, but you loose top end...

plus depending where your speedo gets its reading from would mean it could be out....so speedo saying your doing 30mph when in fact your doing nearer 35-40mph

i havnt looked into doing the sprocket or even the exhaust looking for a cheap option for the missus as if she wanted just a crutch rocket just grab a rs125 but she is adament that she wants her bike but if there is no way of making it faster i might convince her to get faster bike or do her bloody test.