Questions about becoming a motorcycle trainer.......

Andy123

My first Question is ........will I get a job in the Durham area once I've past my motorcycle instructor training course?? or will they say I need at least 2, 3 years as a motorcycle trainer first to get employed?? 

I can’t say I know Durham at all because I’m no where near it but If you can’t find a school to work for, is maybe starting your own school an option?

Maybe start small with only one or two other 125cc bikes and start with a CBT or two at the weekends then see where it goes from there.

One thing to note though, the ideal season to ride is passing now so it’s possible work in those areas may seem quiet around now.

Edited by Troy
  • Like 1

Best go talk to a few face to face. No-one's going to offer you a job on the spot, but you should get a feel of whether instructors are two-a-penny or impossible to get hold of. Almost certainly it's one of the two.

• Like 1

Just now, bonio said:

Best go talk to a few schools face to face. No-one's going to offer you a job on the spot, but you should get a feel of whether instructors are two-a-penny or impossible to get hold of. Almost certainly it's one of the two.

• Like 1

I cannot help regarding if may get a job, but if you like bikes then you may need to consider whether it will ruin your hobby.

My mate and I used to go diving all over the world. He decided to become an instructor and after 6 years he now hates diving and has changed jobs- he no longer has a hobby either😀