Insurance advice

Jemz

6 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

I was referring to the part of the post that stated the OP thought that having a good amount of NCD on her car insurance would help in securing a low first bike insurance quote. 

I know, I was being sarcastic, just highlighting insurance companies live by there own rules…

I changed from job from one where I didn’t need a driving licence had not sat any test for 25+ years. Had had points on and off my licence in that time.

To one where I need my driving licence with work restrictions on the number of points I am allowed (I was surprised it was clean when I applied for the job).  I also had to do additional advanced driving qualifications.

When I notified my insurance company about my new job qualifications my insurance went up.

When looking at new vehicles now I also look at insurance simultaneously.

On 25/10/2022 at 16:09, Jemz said:

Yeah I see what you mean. I was talking to my partner about a metal bike shed for the front that we can lock up. Maybe getting one without a base and cementing in anchors inside it would be a good idea

Be careful describing it as “garaged” for insurance. I have seen some insurers defining a garage as “ brick or concrete construction with solid concrete base”.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JRH said:

Be careful describing it as “garaged” for insurance. I have seen some insurers defining a garage as “ brick or concrete construction with solid concrete base”.

To be honest I think il just get the quotes saying its kept on private property. I guess that's what a front garden would come under? 

• Like 2