Honda CLR 125 City fly

Paul Honda CLR125

Morning everyone, I saw a post relating to Honda City fly 125 restoration so decided to join, I am not new to bikes, had a good few over the years some good some bad but never actually took my full test, so as now that I'm over 50 decided now is the time to get sorted! I bought the Honda City fly about 4 years ago it's an Ebay / Stella Artois purchase special unfinished project but fortunately complete, looked like they had started with a couple of cables and a chain so not much really, the bike had some poor work done in the past.  So I have decided to try and get it done before easter if possible. I have partially stripped the bike, bought quite a few parts ready for build, I have focused on the mechanical first, including new clutch, brake shoes, carb rebuild gaskets, air filter, oils, chain +sprocket kit, various screws bolts, grips and mirrors. Its getting difficult to find original parts now so time is running out for being able to restore this kind of bike.

Thanks for reading and hopefully  I will get some help and advice whilst helping others in the process.

All the best 

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I will get some pics loaded soon, I don't have the luxury of a heated garage to work in, just a dry-ish lockup! So I have partially stripped the bike, I don't want to go too far as I don't feel that confident in a total strip and build. However I am focusing on one area at a time. I have just replaced the clutch plates and now I know the bike will be able to ride once built, some of the plates were welded together (most likely heavy abuse). I have purchased many items including sprocket set, grips, indicators  and a plethora of small items. The bike seemed in ok condition and did run when I bought it a few years ago. I have stripped and built the carb with new seals and treated it to a new air filter. The tank is in ok condition with no dents and the seat is tidy also!!  I thinks it's more a shed and buried resto rather than concours but as long as it gets MOT and I can take cbt to move to full access who cares!

• Like 2