50- 72cc.

Guest Saber

Hey guys,

So im guessing you all know (and have laughed) that i have my little 50cc Chinese bike.

okay well, about a month ago i blew the cylinder head gasket because we got it to go about 55mph, new cdi, carb settings, and this weird pin thing my dad changed that feeds the petrol in or summin? Let me know what that's called :wink:

So yeah, after about 2 weeks of doing that speed the cylinder head blew and instead of buying a new one, we just bought a bore kit. Because we know a bore kit can brake the bike easily we got the most stable one which is only a 72cc. Its a weird number, but it wont damage the rest of the bike. So we put it all on fine and it works fine, but now the acceleration is faster, however its top speed is only about 47? Just strange how we got 55 out of the 50cc but only 45 out of the 72cc. Oh and we bought a 80cc jet aswell and that's in there. Any ideas?

Firstly - power or no power - How old are you?

If you are under 17 then you cannot ride it as it is a motorcycle, not a moped.

Mopeds have to be under 50cc design speed of under 30mph (unless reg before 1977 and fitted with pedals -don't laugh MO-PED motor-pedal bicycle!)

If you are under 17 and ride anything that doesn't fit the definition then you ride a motorcycle which requires a different (ie bike not ped) licence.

Someone technical will be along in a moment to answer the techno stuff!

Oh, and fiddling to make it go faster makes it a motorcycle too. If the insurance find out then they will invalidate it and possibly refuse further insurance

When you had the 50cc the bike would have had top end power to get that speed. With a 72cc the powerband may have shifted. Where is the acceleration greater? low, mid, or top end of the rev range? If its got greater mid range then it would be best just to get a good exhaust that can improve the top end power and wack some bigger sprockets on it so you get slightly more power, better top speed but you would sacrifice some acceleration. If that really matters to you.

BTW, that looks like a nice bike. Looks like a Suzuki GS500.