KZ550 is farting and carrying itself on

The_Philmeister

How do all, i purchased a kz550 a few months ago and took it for its first ride today, it appears it may have a fuelling issue, it pops and farts and splutters at the lower end and even cut out, i had to restart on the choke, its got cone filters on and is meant to be upjetted but i havent opened the carbs yet to confirm, theres a couple of things i hope you nice people might help with, in the pic theres a vacuum pipe with a bolt in, is that ok running like that? also there is to white connectors that look like they should have hoses on but theres no hoses, is that normal? Thankyou

IMG_6444.jpeg

I would replace to pod filters and put the stock airbox back on 

Cone filters aren't the best and cause more headaches than its worth 

I would maybe clean those carbs too :lol: 

Re. the vac pipe with a bolt in it. You can plug a vac pipe if it's not needed - it's the fuel switch connector which may have been bypassed by the previous owner.

The other two connectors would have had pipes on them vented to atmosphere, so leaving them open won't make a huge difference. The original pipes would have been positioned higher to avoid water etc getting in.