Back after the summer break!!!

bit of bad feeling after laguna seca I think :lol:

Predictions???

mine are:

1. Rossi

2. Stoner

3.Pedrosa

:stupid: :wink:

Though am not too sure on Pedrosa's injury getting him through the full race.........

Fp2 times

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 57.231 secs

2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 1min 57.410 secs

3. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 58.000 secs

4. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 58.228 secs

5. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 58.264 secs

6. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 58.462 secs

7. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 58.672 secs

8. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 58.830 secs

9. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 1min 58.881 secs

10. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 1min 58.923 secs

11. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 58.977 secs

12. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 1min 59.094 secs

13. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 59.328 secs

14. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 1min 59.405 secs

15. Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 59.943 secs

16. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 2min 0.540 secs

17. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 0.621 secs

One michellin runner in the top 10 :shock:

How frustrated must all the Honda riders be, Nakano has really been on it since getting the 2008 spec bike. I bet Dovi, De Puniet and a few others would love to get their hands on one.

BTW Nakano testing the bike for next year suggests to me that he has a contract extension for '09

I bet Dovi would have liked to have had that for the rest of the year. Would bring him up to speed for his "possible" Factory ride in '09

Nice to see a tribute to Craig Jones on Scott Reddings bike, number 18 to the lower right of his usual number 45.

Interesting to see the different styles of riding in MotoGP in the wet too. Vermuelen was very smooth and controlled were as De Angelis looked very aggressive but they were both good in the wet today.

ok my MCN fantasy team must be cursed. I bought Toseland for the Donington round and he fell off, so I sold Toseland and bought the most consistant rider of the campaign so far Pedrosa who fell off and had two no scores in Germany and US, So then I sold Pedrosa and splashed the cash on Stoner.... who fell off. :(

To be honest until Pedrosa gets fit again this championship is just between two riders, they were miles ahead.

On a side note, should MotoGP follow BSB and WSB in a single tyre rule? its a shame to see riders like Lorenzo, Toseland, Edwards, Pedrosa struggling at the back because their tyres are useless.

I forgot about the transfer window but I been screwed by pedders too.....but if michellin carry on who wil want there tyres....nakano now with a pedrosa spec bike but on bridgestones...Hrc getting that data ready for next year??

Its now Rossi's championship to lose and it loks like stoner has started buckling when under pressure.

Rossi had a harder tyre I heard too.

HRC and remaining Yamaha riders agreed to stay with Michelin on the fact that they promised that there would be improvement and it wouldn't happen again.

They made a good start to the campaign but I'm sad to say that the last three races have been a nightmare for them. Things don't look good either, wasn't Misano and Motegi Bridgestone tracks last year?

I hope they are still there in 09 but I feel they are going to get heavy criticism from the riders.

Valentino Rossi - Position: 1Time: 43'28.841

"I was confident today because my bike was fast from Friday practice, and with Jeremy we made a small modification to the front after warm-up to allow me to be a bit faster in some sections, and it worked very well. I lost about half a second getting past Hopkins at the start and Casey was incredibly fast at that stage, like he'd already done ten laps! For a short time I was worried but then, after two laps, I understood that my bike was working very well and that I was fast enough to try to catch him. I had closed a little bit already and gradually the red bike was becoming a bit bigger in front of me, and I think this is when he started to push harder and made his mistake. I was anticipating a very hard battle if I did catch him, so when I saw the red bike slide out I could hardly believe it - this made things a lot easier for me! After that I just enjoyed riding my bike; my Bridgestone tyres worked very well until the end and my M1 felt very good. Of course I can't count this as a complete victory because Casey fell, and I am sorry for him, but this is racing and I have to be happy with this result. We are 50 points clear which is a lot and I am very excited to be going to Misano in this situation. However we know that 50 points is still not always enough when you have someone as strong as Casey and so we won't relax. Now we have two days of testing and we will try some new electronics in order to help me open the throttle earlier and also, of course, test some Bridgestone tyres."

The red bike :lol:

From yamaha racing.

i am happy . my man winning and 50 pionts clear . . .A good day allso for suzuki team and the kwakas up front for a change only makes for good racing when all the teams are on the pace and fighting for a win. NEXT !