kawasakee z440 killin me

Guest Trailer Park Steve

hey i got this here bike and everytime i fix something it has a new problem....when i start it up has a rough time startin but when she finally does it cuts out and pops fireballs under my seat...also me friggin tailpipe gets red hot providin i set the carb line to left , left pipe gets hot. right side of carbs right pipe gets hot...damn twin engine...anyone have any advice i'd be stoked as i have low mech skill.

pretty much cleaned the fella up some bought some carb cleaner crap which didn't do much...i dunno what the thing is u just said but if u reply again im on a laptop so i can find it...the dude i bought it off of said she was sittin for some 2 years or so...so i cleansed it as best i could without goin where im not sposed too

i dunno what the thing is u just said but if u reply again

You mean Plug Leads ?

Spark plug leads make sure that you have them on the correct plug * your manual wil help you with that possibly)

as for carb cleaner i is good stuff but some cheaper varieties are a bit :roll: but if you strip the carb down and use it and leave it to soak a bit generally works best ... Did you reset the carb tuning to as it was beforw you stripped it

Did the bike run before >?

i dun have a manual it totally sucks..umm i think the spark plug cables are where they are...umm i guess that could fix it...i adjusted the air intake screw things below snug tight then 1 and a half turns back? think thats right...

oh carb line...well my petcock valve has 2 hose connections 1 for the fuel line and another that goes to either left or right side of the carbs to prime...problem is when i hook it in it makes say its in the left side...the left tailpipe gets red hot...and if in right right side gets hot. i hate this bike more then sweet pickles...yet ....i must fix it! just to say the biggest F U _ K YOU!

• 2 weeks later...

alright so i fixed that problem and much more...now i have the last problem

i had the bike runnin perfect except now the gas just goes right out the overflow line and drains the tank...any advice?