Replacing Old Choke On New Carburettor

Hi everyone :)

I'm trying to fix up my old 49cc moped, a TGB 202 Classic before I sell it on, and I need help finding an automatic electric choke that fits both the electrical system and the new carburettor i installed.

Купить б/у TGB 101 карбюратор Вариатор в Санкт-Петербурге: синий 2007 года  на Авто.ру ID 4217591

I don't want a manual choke and the current need for a makeshift pulley system I was using to get her started will knock the value down pretty significantly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384720418471

The carburettur is a 19mm Dellorto PHBG DS Racing Carburetor  

Dellorto PHBG DS Racing 19mm Carburetor Carb 2 Stroke 50-100cc For Scooter Moped - Picture 1 of 5

And this is the choke I ordered on Amazon which didn't fit

An 'Akozon Electric Choke 2 Pin Carburetor Automatic Electric Choke for GY6' (quite honestly have no idea what GY6 means or what standard I need to be looking for)

51kVLnaRyWL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

The problem with this choke is firstly that i had a lot of trouble trying to get the pin to fit deeply enough into the carb, and i feel like this carb might need something specific.

Secondly, the 2 pin plug it comes with wouldn't fit the other connector for the electrical system

The broken choke that came with it on the stock carb had a yellow connector with slightly, but significantly larger pins

I can update you all with pictures of the connector tomorrow and the old choke

but i'm not sure that old choke would fit this new carb, but it could be useful to identify what it is

I should point out that this racing carburettor sounds like a chainsaw or a spitfire and the little i've tweaked about with it didn't ever make it faster than the original, so maybe I'd be best off just getting another stock one.

What would you recommend? 

Edited by Waalloweegee
added pic of moped

On 31/07/2023 at 17:48, rightstuff said:

That's not a choke  per say but a fuel enricher  let's more fuel in  you can get a complete  carb with enricher for about  £20 Chinese copy  will fit a gy6

Hi thanks for your reply 

Thing is, I don't know if it is gy6, I don't know what gy6 is or if that's even what I need to be looking for.

The choke i bought on amazon (below) is for gy6 and the connector was incompatible with the one in the bike.

image.thumb.jpeg.f96fb6d6daeaa5c26900fe6a6c80052e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8f525ede8c1ce3b96f77a015ccb39ec6.jpeg

Here is the choke that was originally installed in the stock carb, its pins which will fit my bike's electrical system, and a comparison with the (gy6?) connector on the amazon choke that didnt fit

image.thumb.jpeg.d18c4f031590cc0150e62e07062891c3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1700d6dbde71aaddabb55b532aa44b84.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c926cf4bc2b9a0b34347906585bdb3b9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b59348d3a7ee496bf947d6fbd088c929.jpeg

Ideally I'd like something that I can fit into my newer Dellorto carb, I definitely need it to have the same connector as the yellow one above so it actually works and because I feel like I could potentially do more with that thing than I have

Either way, I just wanna be able to start it up by only holding the brake and power switch like in the beginning without needing a pulley system, and what I need for that is an automatic choke.

If I need to just go for stock then I will, but again even if I did, I don't know what compatability standards I'm working with here

Hope u can help