Dropped my helmet:(

Being a bit of a dumbass I put my helmet on my bike seat and it fell off. There's a chip in the colour coat on it but no other obvious damage. Should I think about replacing it? I know they suggest that any drop should mean a new one but I only bought it 3 months ago and hate the thought of having wasted a couple underd quid. Mind you, still better than killing myself if it's boogered though.

is it an official UK Arai?

If so you can get it sent off to be x-rayed and they will tell you if its safe to use or not!

Unfortunately not. It's a Roof Boxer V. Lovely helmet but doubt Arai will x-ray it for me :lol:

You can wear a bobble cap as long as you don't fall off!

Mosmodern helmets are good for a 1 metre drop but if it chipped the outer layer it might be fubarred.

Mine is scratched but has never been dropped so it will do until it's time is up.

Guest philgale

it will be fine im sure......best bet put your hand inside the lid and press the foam inner where the scratch on the outside is....

if its hard its fine, if its soft its fecked....

i came of in my lid, still use it to go to work although did buy another too

it will be fine im sure......best bet put your hand inside the lid and press the foam inner where the scratch on the outside is....

You threw up in it too and still wore it that would have been enough for anyone!

Guest philgale

You threw up in it too and still wore it that would have been enough for anyone!

didnt throw up in it...more on it :lol: and that was the new one, the other one is the one i came off in

i understand the debate with dropping your lid, but i would hope it could take more than 1 drop.

because when you fall off and kiss the tarmac your head is likely to have many impacts with road etc. now if it was knackerd after the initial drop your buggerd when you have lots more.

i would wear it.

Please tell me your joking? this is his head were on about!

Its all very well giving advice in your opinion on subjects like what colour lid should I get or what tyre is the grippyest etc but unless you are an expert I'd think its best to not offer advice on safety!

Please dont take this the wrong way coz I dont mean to lecture, I just worry bout peeps gettin hurt tis all

Guest philgale

im going off what an "expert" told me, if the foam is hard inside its fine....someone put my lid on and ran into a wall, they told me it will be fine...

still got another lid mind you....

its up to him, personally id say the lid will be fine, if still wear it....but if you can afford then replace, good excuse to get a new one....

im going off what an "expert" told me, if the foam is hard inside its fine....someone put my lid on and ran into a wall, they told me it will be fine...

still got another lid mind you....

its up to him, personally id say the lid will be fine, if still wear it....but if you can afford then replace, good excuse to get a new one....

Yeah but u throw up in ur helmet and still wear it...lmfao