Service

handyandy24

If i went to a kwaka dealership what would a general service cost. Id prob also be asking them to look at the engine because my mate knows a bit about bikes and when on idle the engine is making cpl of noises and like its not running on all cylinders.

Also is 90quid good for a chain and sprocket set?

cheers guys

ive got a manual and currently reading to do this stuff myself but I want to get it serviced by professionals first as i think it hasnt been serviced in AGES

Do you not have any smaller back street type bike mechanics near you that are recommended? You will prob pay upto £60 p/hr at a francised dealership where as the back street ones will be half that!

Even on my brand new GSX-R I have never had it serviced at a Suzuki place.

I only ever go to a place with a personal recommendation from a friend tho as I don't want to get ripped off. Am sure some of the other members near you with a few years experiance will be able to pointout some places close to you that they trust! :)

£90 is very cheap for a c&s set for a 7R. what brand is it?

why not service the bike yourself? you will know what has been done, rather than being charged a small fortune and not knowing if they have done all they should have.

what do you want done? oil and filter, plugs, air filter, clean coolant filter, balance carbs, adjust chain...................£200+

just cos it hasn't been serviced in a long time doesn't mean it needs to go to a dealer - it's not magic!

your rough running at idle is probably carbs out of balance.

I have a renthal rear sprocket on my GSX-R 750 k7 and it is holding up to lots of abuse from myself, it rarely goes out without some mono-wheel action, its also done 4 track days and 7000 miles with no sign of wear as yet! :)

But yeah get an X ring chain; D.I.D. are awesome and when maintained properly they last for ages!

Damm i forgot the brand he said it was i aint too sure. I thought maybe cos he was a dealer it would be good stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chain-Sprocket-KI ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DID-X-Ring-Chain- ... 286.c0.m14

those good? where do you get yours from??

I was thinking of servicing it myself but im gona have to buy a jobby to sort the carbs! manometer is it???, and haynes shows the rest ye i think ill give it a shot.

Besides i think my shed has finally had enough of me throwing at around without much maintenance so gona need some dosh for a car soonish

Renthal ally sprockets I expect. cheap cr@p.

more then good enough for the road and his riding :roll:

I need the best money can buy my friend, i often find myself almost infront of the bike, damm machine cant keep up with my natural god like ability and expectation!! :lol:

The VM chain is the one to get. If that kit has a steel rear sprocket I'd say it's good value. In my experience SSS are cheap shit.

http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk have the Tsubaki X ring chain with steel sprockets for the same sort of money as the ebay one. Or wemoto stock DID.

for the carb balance I prefer a Morgan Carbtune. They're normally on ebay and are a doddle to use.

I rang my nearest kwaka dealership today and for JT steel front and rear sprockets and a xring chain tsubaki they want 130quid. for fitting they say 1hr 30mins which would be he said another 65quid so 195quid if i had it done? does it take this long to do, could a novice like myself do it?

120 from a non dealer but its a DID chain. 45 quid to fit. these prices seem ok? i asked him if the mechanic wud mind me watching and he was umming and rrring haha. i cud prob do this myself but it wud be gud to know a place i cud take the bike to and not get ripped off if ever i cant do anything myself