Battlefields tour

Guest chuck

Depends on how long you got, but Ypres and Passchendaele are a must for the WW 1, Just mind blowing what a waste of life.

For WW2 Normandy beaches take some beating. This web site should give you some pointers

http://www.ww1battlefields.co.uk/index.html

Hi Chuck-seen bits but always wanted to check it out more-would be interested but couldn't say a definite if that was ok with you.

What time of year and how long are you thinking.

I'll follow this and see what happens-yeh interesting-also always wanted to see the Waterloo sight but not as it was cos they built that lion monument and Wellington said "they have ruined my battlefield"-

• 4 weeks later...

I had a few relatives killed during WWI and have often wondered about finding their graves/names on memorials. My Grandpa's bro went OTT with a swagger stick and a pistol. Brave or what? What? probably. I don't suppose he had much choice. On the other side of the family, farm worker rellie got blown to bits at Pashendale along with the rest of the cannon fodder. I'd like to spend some time over in France looking around a few of the cemetaries. I've had a look around some of the WWII graves, must be 20 years ago and it still brings a tear to the eye thinking about it. Give it a few years and I'll make sure my son gets to visit a few of these places.

If your're down Cannock Way, its worth taking a look at the German War Cemetary http://www.cwgc.org/search/cemetery_details.aspx?cemetery=4007266&mode=1 Personally, I don't care which side they were on, none of these people should have had to die.