Bikie dead

techno

Right put the thing back together ( so i dont loose anything) and now alarm dont work but its nothing obvious will get some jump leads and try that as thats pretty simple to do.

As for anything else its way beyond me and it can sit in the damned garage till I can get someone to sort it.....!

Thanks for the suggestions at least its winter.

Oh and I had the same problem with the honda I had..infact upto this point its been the most reliable bike ive had :booty:

Is it just the Start Circuit? I.e, does your Horn and lights work..

What do you Ride?

I had an issue with a bandit 600, aftyer riding in the wet, one of the sfatey circuits was at fault, so operate the side stand safety, and if it has one the clutch safety and the kill switch, then give it a go..

If you don't have horn or lights working then its not the start circuit and is something else..

PS if you can get at the starter relay and cross it with a screwdriver, and the bike starts then its in the wiring before the relay, Starter Fuse..

I don't wan't to insult you, but the battery is connected the right way?

otherwise i would check all your fuses, as it is interferring with all circuits, and not just the starter one, which could have been an immobilser..

If you have a haynes book of lies, then i would look at the wiring diagram for anything obvious...

Have you had the bike apart or had work done porior to this probelm..?

No I havent it worked i put it away then when i next got it out it didnt work.

As i have no idea what I am looking at and have zero maintainance skills it will be heading for my usual garage in early feb.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

If you try the Kwak Forum, theres a similar post on there, see above, he fixed it but closed the post rather than stated his findings.. maybe you can join and post him a message?

i know you have visually inspected the fuse's but have you electricly checked them? using a multi meter set to the Diode/beep setting place the connectors acorss the terminals and if it beeps its good lol diode looks like this (|<-) as a symbol

his name might be Techno but hmmmmmmmmm nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :P

• 2 weeks later...
sounds like you have a loose connection

usually the multi plugs behind the clocks and in the side of fairings are the culprit :?

I agree, I have found several 'not quite good enough' connections in the multiplugs under fairing. A good spray of WD40, and a few 'in and outs' (ooh err) with the plugs seem to fix it.

if you put the ignition on and just wobble wires and watch for the lights coming on and off thats the easiest way to check :)

ps if it helps i have this problem on mine at the minute too but i know what wires it is :lol: :lol: