GSX750W 1998-2000 Service Parts

Guest WalneyFrankie

For a Basic Service of Oil & Air Filter and Plugs

Good Quality Oil. 3.5Ltrs

09168-14004 - Sump Plug Gasket x 1

09482-00463 - A00 Spark Plugs x 4 or NGK CR6EiX Iridium with a 0.6mm gap

1378003F00 - Air Filter x 1

16510-03G00-X07 - Oil Filter x 1 or HiFlo HF138

When Changing the plugs, remove the seat, onbolt the tank bracket and slide rearwards about 3 inches, you can then get at all four of the plugs, when moving it forward, make sure it is held on the two mounting rubbers at the front (try rocking side to side, if it does it isn't) before bolting it back up. replace seat and start up to confirm all is well..

oh and something new to me.. when we fitted a new filter to JadeMongooses Bandit it didn't sit right and leaked, on inpsection we found that the old filter o-ring had stuck to the face of the engine and caused us to fit a new filter with o-ring onto the old one.. not good.

SO CHECK YOU HAVE THE O-RING ATTACHED TO THE FILTER OR WIPE THE FACE WITH A RAG TO CLEAN.....

• 1 month later...

great minds think alike...

i've always thought the can is too long and sits too far back, troble with mine is the last owner welded the link, as suzuki exhausts are prone to rusting through at the join..

if you get a bandit link pipe fit it into the headers and then any pipe with the same size diameter with slip on, try bandit 600 or better still banidt 1200 with 3 bolt adapter..

PITA is i had a bandit six with standard can link pipe 3 bolt adapter scorpion can and renegade (loud) can but sold them with the B6..

oh and Pre K (1996-2000)

if you have a slip on can there is a company that is on Ebay that will cut it down for you and rebuild it, cost is cheaper than alternatives.. and you can go for as little or as much cut off..

It took six weeks to find my bike and would have been so easy to just jump in and buy the first bike i saw.

Glad I took my time though 8-)

Gotta change thhe sports rack for the original grab rail. I dont use it and it spoils the lines

great minds think alike...

i've always thought the can is too long and sits too far back, troble with mine is the last owner welded the link, as suzuki exhausts are prone to rusting through at the join..

if you get a bandit link pipe fit it into the headers and then any pipe with the same size diameter with slip on, try bandit 600 or better still banidt 1200 with 3 bolt adapter..

PITA is i had a bandit six with standard can link pipe 3 bolt adapter scorpion can and renegade (loud) can but sold them with the B6..

oh and Pre K (1996-2000)

if you have a slip on can there is a company that is on Ebay that will cut it down for you and rebuild it, cost is cheaper than alternatives.. and you can go for as little or as much cut off..

Thanks I will look into it :thumb:

It took six weeks to find my bike and would have been so easy to just jump in and buy the first bike i saw.

Glad I took my time though 8-)

Gotta change thhe sports rack for the original grab rail. I dont use it and it spoils the lines

i'm with you there, mine had a box and rack, but thats in the shed, and have stuck with the original lines..

i was hunting round for a bike and saw a GSXF but didn't really want it, then this came up and was local and in my price bracket, so just had to have it, as i wanted my bandit handling but with a bigger engine, especially after the old katana, i just didn't get on with that..

haven't got the luggage rails or centre stand, someones got them in there shed, so live with a paddock stand.

have fitted bandit 600 (1996-2000) /GSX750 engine bars, and some retro decals

I'm toying with the idea of a GSXR thou at the mo, but even if I was to look for another bike I dont think I could part with this one.

Recently changed my car for one thats cheaper to run, to free up some funds in case I end up with two bikes lol.

The GSX is definately the one for the long distance rides though. Longest Ive managed so far is a 200 mile round trip to Bexley.

Note you started out on a GP100

Me too. I had mine for three years. Ended up forgetting to top the 2 stroke tank up and having to rebore it. Took it for a service one day and the mechanic had to weld the footpeg bar back on where Id snapped it chucking it round the corners.

Went onto a Honda 400/4 which I attempted to fit air horns too and nearly set it alight.

Then finally an XS650 which I kept for 7 years and ended up hartailing. While I was rebuilding the engine the frame was stored in our bedroom LOL. I put the engine back in with one of my mates in the hallway. when we eventually got it started it wasnt set up properly and loads of smoke billowed out of the front door and into my neighbours house completely smoking her out haha

i had the gp for £70 but learnt the basics on it, servicing etc, the oil pump failed resulting in a seized piston and rebore.. so got the MTX50, looked better than the MT5.. then the sb20 and X5, but would catch the pegs on roundabouts as theyre fixed and low..

then a hack of an MTX125. long absence whilst i tour'd with HM.. and then sat in a bar discussing bikes and got an ER5.. followed b y my ideal at the time a bandit600, which was toyed with before wanting something a bit more unique, so along came the Katana, but just too oldskool, so then went looking and found the GSX, not to many about, so uniqueness covered and bandit reliability, and playfulness, so jobs a good'un