HARTFORD MARINA - Organise your meets here!!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, not much been going on.

I've been in France (did I mention I was going there?) which was epic. I seriously cannot think of better roads for biking, up, down, hairpins, continous corners, shear drops, riding through clouds, baking sunshine and smooth roads. 1000 miles of bliss sandwiched between 750 miles each way of a bit of boredom, but well worth it.

Randomly - Ash, Frank was with us, he's a smooth rider! I suppose you have to be on 600's - we kept up with all the 1000's quite easily. Plus, at the hotel 600 miles into france, we met one of the guys who rides a GS who parks on the grass at the marina! It is the only off-roading they do....

I wont be there tomorrow, got work and girlfriend duty. Plus you'll be very lucky with the weather if it stays dry!!

here's a video of us going down the col de rousset on the 2nd day

I appear around 8 mins, let the nutters on the V4R Tuonos after a couple of mins (on straight) as it got a little mental. After both ends sliding into one corner, I had brown pants.

Well after all that boasting from Gubba about his fabulous holiday, I feel that I must boast that I too have been away, although I've only been to Sonisphere Festival and to Devon for a few days!!

Weather not looking great for tomorrow night really is it...

We were at TMBF rally at the weekend.

Went down the Marina this evening but it was a bit quiet. We were fairly late down there though.

Bikes still need cleaning. It was a toss up between riding or polishing!!!!!

Tango - what were you doing at the weekend then?

Staggering about in an RAF uniform, Flying Helmet and goggles and a beer soaked moustache.......apart from that novery much.. :wink:

Oh...and getting drowned riding up to Matlock on saturday.. :lol:

Yep, weather looks good and I`ve not been for a while. Be there about 6.30ish.

Anyone want to meet at mine for the ride over ???????

Seeing as the rowing girls can't organise themselves, might bring bike to work, splash and dash at boat club and then nip in.

Be good to hear about the trip Dave. Seen some of the pics and as you say the roads look awsome. Would not want to go over the edge on some of them. :shock:

BonnieBird is away....so I'll come down on my own. Got the week off. Went to Southwold today.....gonna see how the weather is looking for tomorrow before planning where to go (if anywhere!!)

might pop down a little later now, if at all, I'm actually rowing 6-7ish rather than coaching! come and watch if you want....

I should be there tonight, should be good

MCN girls eh? Where are the MCN boys going to be I wonder...

I suspect it will be another incident of further active discouragement of women bikers by a popular media figure advertising women as sex objects rather than actual bike riders.

I always like to see a stereotype in force... :?

I should be there tonight, should be good

MCN girls eh? Where are the MCN boys going to be I wonder...

I suspect it will be another incident of further active discouragement of women bikers by a popular media figure advertising women as sex objects rather than actual bike riders.

I always like to see a stereotype in force... :?

Oh hush, I'm looking forward to it :P

I knew a guy who worked for MCN.....you would have actively avoided going anywhere he was likely to turn up.. :wink:

MCN Girls going to be there....does that mean I've got to put clean undies on then?

Hi Tango,

thought I should let you know. We're defo. there this week. (Tuesday - yes, i know!)

We're planning to stuff our faces to yummy food as well. Hope you can make it too.

See you tomorrow.

Cheers.