Float Bowl Gasket - Options?

Alex Gold

Short story, my float bowl gaskets have stretched (must have reacted to carb cleaner or something?)

Anyway, since they seem to be 22 quid each and I need 4, I am looking at my options.

Current best (?) idea is to use a liquid gasket, fill the 'channel' the ring style gasket sits in with a bead of it and wait for it to set a little before putting the bowls back on (otherwise I can see myself having half a bowl full of sealant just waiting to block the jets).

Can anyone recommend a liquid gasket that isn't silicone based and doesn't react to petrol? Or does anyone have any better solutions?

Cheers,

Alex.

Jesus Christ, £22 quid each that's a bit steep where abouts are you getting that quote from and I'll make sure I steer clear ;) What bike is it btw?

I'd've thought this would have been a more likely price for a float bowl gasket (and you even get the bowl with it!):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HONDA-NX50-Ca ... 1|294%3A50

Or even this:

http://shop.wemoto.com/pictures.dyn?u=3520329qqq5828705

But obviously depends on the bike. Can't recommend any sealant as I've only ever used gaskets, sorry!

hmm, see if they send you the correct one,

did it match the picture?

with me (different bike) they had an image of the older model - I emailed and told them, to which they told me i was correct and thanks for spotting it etc... they said they would have to order the correct one in and eventually they turned up...... wrong ones... by which point i'd just put the original ones back in and they were fine..

oh well fingers crossed!

you could add this to your favourites for future info..

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-zr550_model12707/

just select your variant of the ZR550 from those covered..

CMSNL.com, based in Holland/Netherlands, prices are in Euros, but has an exchange rate calc.

I've used them to get bits for a Katana (1982) refurb.. very good, right parts and fast shipment. also they have exploded diagrams and part no's so even to get the info to go to a dealer with.. or just to see what goes where...