Team CTR - C90 race thread

Guest akey

C90 is fine, von we will have to sort out a plan for the first race, transport etc soon.

Akey... i still have the works van available for us to use on all three rounds

transport is not a issue!!

all i require is your new address.. were i can collect the bike and take it to the venue (round one etc)... 8)

Von mail sent mate, I posted on sparkies that the only weekend I am free before rd 1 is the weekend of the 20th so I may be able to sneak down to matlock bath (might have family in tow as well) one day of that weekend.

If we meet at Matlock bath then peeps can go for a ride out if they want, and I know its fairly close to you and very close to me!

Akey.... jobs a good'n.. 8)

week end of 19th/20th is a go'er... just let me know day un time... (when you know it)... reet back to sparky's

laters von..

ps... if i get a ban I'll let you know !!!!

Von mail sent mate, I posted on sparkies that the only weekend I am free before rd 1 is the weekend of the 20th so I may be able to sneak down to matlock bath (might have family in tow as well) one day of that weekend.

Ahem :shock:

It's a bloody conspiracy i say!

Akey - I was hoping to drag you, Pen & the kids along to Mallory on the 20th... :?

So you could all have a laugh at me making a complete prat of myself in the 2nd Rnd of the Desmo Due series...

Was even gonna lay on tickets for you... :roll:

If we don't actually need the C90, maybe we could have a get together at Mallory?

I might even bring some beers along! :shock:

Ti

Von;

I'm still stuck back in a 'sparky slider' free zone & will remain so until i get my house move sorted... :roll:

Missed ya mate & yes, i'm still on the same email!

Ti

Guest akey

Right then,

I will go with the flow re the meet, if most want to go to Mallory then I will try to get away for a few hours and meet ya all, or whatever the final choice is.

My access to here and other internet will be sparodic over the next few weeks so all go ahead and I will check on here when I am able!

Right then,

I will go with the flow re the meet, if most want to go to Mallory then I will try to get away for a few hours and meet ya all, or whatever the final choice is.

My access to here and other internet will be sparodic over the next few weeks so all go ahead and I will check on here when I am able!

Echo what Akey said...

We had a chat on the phone last night & sunday the 20th seems to be the best day...

However, I'll be stuck at Mallory & Akey will be short on time but could probably pop down for a couple of hours...

So, we'll leave it up to you guys to decide?

Mallory or Matlock? Beers at either location!

Ti

PS: Maxie - will u b marshalling @ Mallory that wkd?

Round 2

Details of round 2 for the 2007 event

30/04/07

The venue and date for round 2 of this years event have been confirmed.

It will take place on Saturday 7th July 2007 at Birdlip Moto-X track Gloucester

Ti

Dates and venues:

Round 1 - Saturday May 26th - @ Sutton Coldfield near Birmingham, a flat grasstrack.

Round 2 - Saturday 7th July 2007 at Birdlip Moto-X track, Gloucestershire.

Round 3 - Saturday September 8th - @ Slough, a proper full on motocross track.

Guest akey

Right maxie has made a decision - meet up on the 20th at Matlock Bath at 1200.

Sorry Ti I will make it to one of your races mate honest.

Any team members that wanna come along are more than welcome, roads in the area are superb, just watch the speed along the A6 as it is regularly patroled by car and helicopter!

See ya all there.

:( :( :(

Akey - well one of us was always gonna lose out!

NB: Think i'll miss the 2nd Rnd too, reckon that also clashes with DD, so i think my 'riders slot' is definitely up for grabs.

Looks like the DD Demo Race will be just after lunch at Bikefest, so with a bit of luck, should be able to join u all at Sutton in the afternoon for beers & Barbie... :wink:

Edited by Anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

enjoy :(

must admit, i'm a bit confused by the after race party next week...

i'd always assumed/expected it to be a barbie in the field not at the Ramada Hotel, Walmley? :shock:

Ti

C90 Rnd 1

Ho! and thanks to Akey & Max for bothering to turn up to team meet..

Bit surprised that no-one else turned up?

Do we still have a team of keen riders!?

Anyway, Tiamo will be riding at the 1st Rnd!

Cos i had an absolutely shite day at Mallory, only managed untimed practice in morning, half of timed practise & 2 race laps! To make matters worse, i would've had top 15 finishes in both races!

Problems with Bike's Battery & then the clutch fluid boiled... Taking Edwinas & Hairpin with no clutch on timed practise is very interesting!

So, 112 Bike will not be doing Bikefest @ Donington!

Ti

PS: Have we sorted team uniforms/overalls out?

If no, sizes please & i'll see what i can sort out this week - Blue/Green.Khaki/Orange!?

as manager..

is it not time you sorted some things out.. like..

1, who's turning up ?

2, who's bringing what ?

3, what is needed to bring with you ?

4, forms that need attention ? etc etc..

cause I've just had a bollocking trying to sort stuff out on sparky's.. witch I'm told it's the Managers job to sort!!

4 day's to go.. and theres talk of kit ffs!!

i think there is more to running a team... than just turning up on the day!!

Von;

I agree & before you have a go, didn't i post something on sliders or somewhere else saying that as (originally) i wouldn't be available on saturday, could they send the paperwork to either yourself or Akey...

As of last night, I haven't received any 'paperwork' at my home address for saturday.

You know why i couldn't make the meeting last weekend & you also know why i didn't think i was going to make the 1st round, in fact, i did say months ago, that i would probably not be riding at any rounds & we therefore had another rider place free...

The problem with communication has been exasperated MCN.COM scr*wed up there Forum & no bugger gets an automated email every time a new thread is posted. Hence why i posted here & on MCN aeons ago, that as we could all access this site, it would be a better place to keep everyone informed/up to date, cos we do get email notification.

TBH apart from myself, Akey, you & Max i have no idea who else is going to be turning up on Saturday...

Ti

Guest akey

OK I have got the disclaimer forms x10 printed out and ready to go, I will bring them at the weekend.

I will also photocopy another load of disclaimers because there was talk of a spectator disclaimer being required and I know we may well have some supporters coming (ok its my mum and dad!).

MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS DRIVING LICENCE - BOTH BITS!!!!!!!!

Not sure if we need anything else mate.

Von, is it worth just reminding Slopp et al that Ti may not be able to get on the site and so you are acting as team manager go between where required and that they should let you know as well, I know they only want 1 point of contact but surely they can make an exception, I mean its not like we are flooding them with stuff is it.

Ti, I dont want to change the title of the thread as I will end up changing it every weekend, if the team guys dont know its this weekend then we really are in trouble, the first round date was known well before the MCN site went tits up.

I think the plan for the weekend is fairy simple now (thats how I like it) we know that we have at least 4 riders; me, von, ti and max, therefore anything else is a bonus, we have a bike and some spares, we have some tools so lets get there, see who can make it and then deal with it on the day. I am more than willing to run around on the day but I cant take on the managers role as my job means I may be unavailable at short notice (like a day).

did I miss anything?

I am more than willing to run around on the day but I cant take on the managers role as my job means I may be unavailable at short notice (like a day)

Akey - can tell you're in the RAF now with that feet up attitude! :roll: :lol:

Joking aside, top job mate, 4 Bods is better than no bods & i'm sure that at least BRS will be there on saturday, after all, he does keep bumping the MCN Thread! :wink:

Hopefully, Stunty & Pygmy will make it too...

(Akey, did Pygmy ever get round to paying you?)

Anyone else is a Bonus & welcome to support....

Dougie, DucatiGirl/Vik....(DOH, can't remember anyone else!) :shock: :roll:

Glad you've got the documentation, cos i was beginning to worry that that had gone missing too...

Cheers for carrying the can, i know how busy you are at moment...

Ti

Guest akey

my only concern is if there is more than just the disclaimer forms to sort, as thats all I have.

Von and I will sort the scrutineering out in the morning and we will set the pits up.

Peeps should look out for a Van from a spring engineering company and of course the beast once its back from scrutineering.

We could do with some camping chairs as well i suppose!

Not been feeling to well lately.....4th week off sick.....so not gonna make it. Am gonna bugger off to Southampton for a few days break.

Good luck with it all.....n let us know how you get on.

Vicki x

Ti.. truly I'm not having a go at ya... i understand full well why you have not been able to post on sparky's.. and why you could not make the team meet on Sunday.. but it don't get the rest of the team out of the crapper!!

to sit back and do jack shit.. and turn up on the day and expect it all to be done for them.... well that's not team effort is it..

OK ti I'll ask s1opp if he don't mind sending me any forms or stuff that you are unable to receive.. like a deputy Manager type thing.. if you won't ?

no worries Vik...

didn't realise you were still unwell, especially after the last pic you posted on the site!

get well soon,

Ti

lol its an inside thing, outsides ok :D