BT125T-12 Keeps cutting!

Dale.

Hi guys, i am having trouble with my BT125T-12 it keeps cutting at idle it has to have had a good ride to actually not cut, now i was looking at one of these http://www.centralscooters.co.uk/produc ... ts_id=3162 do you think this could fix the problem i sometimes have trouble starting the bike.

Many thanks,

Dale.

you would need to confirm the problem, if the problem is with the coil, then this will fix it if not, you will have two coils but still a problem..

Hi guys, i am having trouble with my BT125T-12 it keeps cutting at idle it has to have had a good ride to actually not cut, now i was looking at one of these http://www.centralscooters.co.uk/produc ... ts_id=3162 do you think this could fix the problem i sometimes have trouble starting the bike.

Many thanks,

Dale.

you would need to confirm the problem, if the problem is with the coil, then this will fix it if not, you will have two coils but still a problem..

How could i confirm the problem is the coil? Also where is it located?

It's ok once it has warmed up just can become a pain.

If its just when cold I would inspect the choke..

the coil generally sits under the petrol tank literally above the plug..

If the bike runs fine when warm, then its not the coil. the coil generates the spark, so id suggest that your problem is with fuel and mixture..

does it have a manual choke? and do you leave it on choke long enough to warm fully.?

If its just when cold I would inspect the choke..

the coil generally sits under the petrol tank literally above the plug..

If the bike runs fine when warm, then its not the coil. the coil generates the spark, so id suggest that your problem is with fuel and mixture..

does it have a manual choke? and do you leave it on choke long enough to warm fully.?

No, it's Autochoked!

No, it's Autochoked!

does it start up okay, when cold and just run lumpy.. if so the choke sounds okay,

How old is the bike, does it still have warranty, if so nip it back to the dealer to have a look at..

No, it's Autochoked!

does it start up okay, when cold and just run lumpy.. if so the choke sounds okay,

How old is the bike, does it still have warranty, if so nip it back to the dealer to have a look at..

It's 08, i bought it off Ebay. The guy i bought it off said it always has this problem. Here is what usally happens it starts up ok then it will die if i pull up to a junction then it's really hard to start then after that it starts to run a bit better.

No, it's Autochoked!

It's 08, i bought it off Ebay. The guy i bought it off said it always has this problem. Here is what usally happens it starts up ok then it will die if i pull up to a junction then it's really hard to start then after that it starts to run a bit better.

when it is warm and off choke how does it run, it could be the idle speed is set too low..

Well i have the idle set quite high because when the engines cold it still won't keep running but once it's warm the back wheel spins quite fast.

Maybes it's just one of those things.

Well i have the idle set quite high because when the engines cold it still won't keep running but once it's warm the back wheel spins quite fast.

it needs looking at so your idle speed can be normal, do you have a camera?

can you remove the plug and take a photo of the plug number and the head of it (Sooty Bit), could be someones changed the plug for a colder one??

can you remove the plug and take a photo of the plug number and the head of it (Sooty Bit), could be someones changed the plug for a colder one??

Well when i took it to the shop he changed the spark plug it was really rusty and he changed it now he assured me that was the problem but it still runs the same.

Well when i took it to the shop he changed the spark plug it was really rusty and he changed it now he assured me that was the problem but it still runs the same.

is the lead on the plug fully.. and if is was really rusty is water getting down there, might cause a short, and therefore a weaker spark..

• 2 weeks later...